Hello to all in the YOC

This post is 4845 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just discovered the YOC, altho been riding Yams for nearly 40 years (god, how old am I...!)

All Yams I've had were 2 strokes apart from a couple of fun years with an FZR1000R I had from new - lovely bike but not as good as the Fireblade I replaced it with (personal opinion!). Started with a 125 field bike, then a DT250MX which I passed my test on, then I bought a 350LC when they first came out, raced it a little, bought a 250LC to also race, sold them for a GPZ1100B1. Since then I've had numerous 350YPVS's at various times, and currently have a 350LC in bits (resto project), a 31k and just bought my first ever 500LC (never ridden one, and haven't been able to try this one yet as buggered my back just before I got it - typical!)

Anyway, that's a quick summary of my Yam background. Looking forward to chatting to a few of you in the future! Cheers all :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Lots of stroker fans on the forum so you are in good company.

Welcome black 350...." yip its what the 1970s &early eighties were about eh, :rolleyes: two-strokes,,,,, thers a lot of fans on here,, you ever been to blue haze day, at Ace,,, , you being down ther,,?

Welcome to the YOC B)

Ye ha,,,,,,,strokers all the way. :thumb:

I started my DT the other day, the smoke an smell was great, i was high as a kyte in no time :lol:

Thanks chaps! I see there's some interesting bikes among you. Always had a soft spot for the Kwacker H2 - is it as much fun as you read about? I've also got a SV650S to run around on - bought it a few years back after it had a front-ender, so replaced most things in front of the headstock and now got a nice cheap runaround and absolutely love riding it! Not a 2-stroke but light and flickable, plus my wife is happy on the back of it.

Back in the day my mate had a DT175MX - great bike and would love to have one some day...

Took the SV to Wales last year with some friends - wow! First time I've been there - it rained every day but that didn't spoil a thing, gtreat roads and great people.

Never been to 'The Cafe' altho is on the list of things to do. When is Blue Haze Day - should I just search for the Ace Cafe on internet?

Cheers all :rolleyes:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online