Wet riding...

trumpetdude
This post is 4848 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So, I reckon I'm up to about 800 miles since getting the Divvy. All's great with the bike and I'm pretty much all round chuffed with it. I'm mostly on 30 / 40 mile round trips but had a couple Edinburgh - Glasgow runs recently. I was over to Troon from Prestonpans at the weekend and on the return trip got thoroughly soaked. It was my first bit of proper wet riding and all was good, I was no in no hurry to test the limits of grip but sufice to say I didn't drop it and only had mild hypothermia when I got home...

...So, during my big ole Wet Ride my legs and hands got soaked. Hein Gericke jacket did the job for the top half but summer belstaf leather gloves and a pair of ebay trousers really weren't up to the job. All this got me to thinking about heated grips, all weather gloves and at least some good waterproof over breeks, (the ebay trousers may be piss poor in the wet but they are quite comfy). So, how do you all favour your weather gear? Or do you just not ride in the wet if you can help it? Also thinking about grip protectors or are they a bit too Moto?

Hope yer all guid!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ive got some ebay cheapie heated grips on my '89 XJ (pre diversion), they are good in the winter and now i wouldnt ride without them, they have a high/low/off switch but i usually ride with them on high or off

other than that, i have a set of cheapie tracky top and bottom set that do the job fine in mild downpours, but anything heavy or sustained tends to seep through, as do my dads pair of '80s HG leather jeans that im still using (after over 2 years of riding, sorry dad), got a Tuzo leather jacket from busters for £50 about a year and half ago, an oxford "cold killer", a balaclava and some HG gloves which are well worth the money

hope this helps

Foameh

I have Weisse winter gloves that are 100% waterproof.

I also use a one-piece waterproof suit from Lidl's bike special days (I bought 2 for about a tenner each). These usually last about a year before replacing, but for the price it's pretty decent.

My expensive Lewis Leather waterproofs failed at a crucial moment - Main zip bust right as I was suiting up for a major downpour!

Got soaked coming back from Lincoln on Sunday because I didn't put waterproofs on, however, normally riding in all weathers;

Weise jacket - 100% waterproof

Oxford bone dry jacket (for over my Leather jacket) - 100% waterproof

Richa fabric trousers - 100% waterproof

Akito boots - Leak like a sieve but very comfortable and have good sole grip which a lot of other do not

Spada gloves - Sieve like too

I have heated grips but they are for the cold weather only. Grip protectors are great BUT, only on a moto's and grip muffs are just not cool.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online