powder coat removal?

Cynic
This post is 4848 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all got my wheels, thing is there is there is powder coat on the disc mount. Anybody got any tips on removing the powder coat from the face. Or is it just a case of persevere with a razor blade?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all got my wheels, thing is there is there is powder coat on the disc mount. Anybody got any tips on removing the powder coat from the face. Or is it just a case of persevere with a razor blade?

Well you know me mate, am a big believer in an electric drill, and a wire wheel or cup attatchment, takes paint/enamels off no probs, not sure about powdercoating mind, but maybe give it a go on a place not so visible, bit less time consuming than a razor blade too ;) hope this helps.

Mask the area you do not want stripped with duck tape and apply paint stripper, that will soften it enough too scrape it off easily

merv

Mask the area you do not want stripped with duck tape and apply paint stripper, that will soften it enough too scrape it off easily

merv

+1 for the nitromors, it works well. Goes without saying to be careful not to splash or drip it anywhere else...Dohh I just said it!

Cheers lads i'll give it a go when i get in from work. Really got to be carefull here. Can't remove any eatra metal or the disk may not run true, same goes for leaving any powder coat on.

Its in full view so i nead to be neat. If it takes a week with a razor blade so be it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online