New Thundercat Owner

This post is 4857 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all.

I'm Ric. I purchased a '97 Thundercat yesterday and I am ridiculously happy.

The weather yesterday was somewhat appropriate considering the bikes model lol. Unfortunately I didn't get to ride her on the roads, after stupidly failing my mod2, but I wanted the bike bad enough. So till I re-test I'll get some time to tinker and ensure she's just the way I want her.

There are a few things to take care of just like on any used bike. Tyres as they look slightly squared off. Alarm fob's need replacing - but the alarm itself is hunky dory. I also want to get the oil and filter changed. And sort the breaks - The reservoir has been filled past max level, and I feel (I bloody hope I'm right) this is making the front discs bind a little.

Anyway I only have ebay pictures for now. How do I upload?

I will take a few more at a later point.

Tell me what you guys think. As a newbie yama owner.

Hope to be meeting a few of you for a ride one day.

Ric.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome brother Ric as you will see i only joined yesterday but having studied the forum you will find everything n anything you need to know on here they are a good bunch and are willing to help , is this your first bike or just your first yamaha .

Unfortunately this is the first bike I've owned. But its nice to say that I finally have it. After so many weeks of searching finding the perfect one. And things almost falling apart at the last minute.

welcome woop woop another londoner where in london you from?

welcome woop woop another londoner where in london you from?

South london. Not that south though.

Greetings Ric :welcome: theres a tutorial on uploading pics via photobucket, I think it's in the noobs forum.

Thank you all. I wish there was a thanks button to thank you individually but I don't see one.

Anyway, thank you for the warm welcome.

Edit - Pictures :D Still haven't found how to do it so i've made a link for 'em. Will search the forum later after work.

Thundercat - o/f angle shot

Thundercat - Side shot

***Only ebay shots for now.***

Nice bike that ! Looks in great shape.

Welcome to the YOC B)

Hi Ric,

The brakes could be a little seized. Just make sure they are not getting the disc to hot.

Hey all. Thanks for the comments.

Oldgit... (lol funny name) thank you for posting the link. I can't make it work with flickr, so i'll try one thats proven to work.

Hi Ric,

The brakes could be a little seized. Just make sure they are not getting the disc to hot.

I bled the system today. Didn't get much of a chance to test 'em out properly. But at first glance, they are instantly better. When I have some time free I'll get a professional to check it over. Thanks for pointing it out :thumb:.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online