'78 Suzuki TS250C project

DirtyDT
This post is 3455 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I was married for a long time, happily divorced now. But loved up with my "other half" for 4 years Nev. She is not really into bikes but supports my, sometimes stupid, ideas.

I do disagree with the present/bribe method.........................Thought I would buy her a gift but when I got it home it didn't go down well....................................What's wrong with a bucket and mop anyhow??

Surely thats a big pressie? such as a birthday, or christmas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I am still wearing them. They would have to be surgically removed. If I bought a pressie for every £40 spent on the bikes, I would be buying 2 pressies a week,

Came across this in Septembers old bike mart, and seeing as it was gone 2pm, and I hadn't done my good deed for the day, thought you might be interested in it, plus theres a couple of contact numbers with it

ts250.jpg

Nev

Cheers Nev.

Good, albeit short, article. I don't know where all those surplus ones went as there are some parts that are very sparse.

Not a fan of the VJMC but have brought from both Crooks and Robinsons, with the later being my supplier of choice for NOS items. Mine is the same model as the one in the picture but it is going to be rebuilt yellow - I think!!

• 1 month later...

Well, not much progress on the TS. Part are still arriving but I have not done much to the bike. Lots of things are keeping me busy, family not being well, trying to run 10 big projects at work and the granddaugthers birth have taken there toll on time and finances. I really need to sort out a new shed as a number one priority. I have been earnestly looking but I can only fit a 7 x 10 on the slab so I will need to do some groundwork. Ideally I would like a 16 x 10 but may have to settle for a 12 x 10.

I have realised that I have brought a project that you can't get parts for. When the parts do show up, they are the price of a new project each!!!! The earlier banana exhaust TS parts seem to be easier and cheaper to get hold of!

I did get a parcel this morning. It looks like this:

mguard.jpg

It is in very good condition but should be chrome. I am hoping to get it stripped and chromed in time. As an example to my earlier rant about parts prices, compare it to this part on evilbay at the moment LINKY Read the ad description; "NOS, dented and marked", take the item price and postage, add the import duty and the Royal Mails charge to collect the duty, add the price for knocking out the dents and re-chroming and you get............................. well a lot of money. The yellow one I brought was not cheap plus I am guessing about £100 to get it re-chromed. Bl00dy Suzukis.

Well, enough of the moaning. I need to get the bike sorted for the 2012 YOC weekend. More updates coming soon.

Yeh dirty" its coming along,, finding parts is the easy bit its competing with other buyers is the pain,, some crazy prices out there, thing is you think its the last one in the world, but another appears shortly.. ,,, :eusa_snooty:

• 2 weeks later...

..............................finding parts is the easy bit................................

Hi Blackhat. I have to disagree, in part. Some parts are just luck to find.

The shed fund has been hit, again, but the NOS swingarm arrived today. very pleased.

nossa.jpg

I have also been watching a NOS exhaust for weeks now in the hope that it would come down in price and no one else would buy it. It hasn't so I swallowed hard and pushed the buy it now button. It is overseas so I will get hit with the customs duty & VAT but these are very hard to find for my year of bike. There is a used one on US evilbay. I email him and asked if he would consider shipping it to Englandville but he did not bother to even reply. Oh well, at least I can look forward to a belated Christmas pressie when the NOS one arrives. Just hope it is worth the cash as it was NOT cheap!!!!!

Aye newman " tiz an expencive hobby,,, the customs are hit & miss ,,, i just received a new crank, [ usa] arrived, no customs charge, :hyper: ,,,, the crank was £440.

that would have been a big hit, :eusa_doh: ,,, any way , bargain, as priced a rebuild here in UK,, [ send old crank.] £700. the triple will be smooth this next year ,, :jossun:

That was a good break Blackhat, not getting hit with additional charges. I think they charge 3.7% of the item cost, including the postage, then put the 20% VAT on top of all of that. Then the Post Office charge to collect the cash. What a rip off!!

A bit of a shame about the new crank though. I was looking forward to playing "where's the grumble coming from" game again next year.

. I was looking forward to playing "where's the grumble coming from" game again next year.

plenty of grumbles in this forum Dirty :)

I got a Khaler bridge from USA, hopefully it will bypass the customs bit. I think they will be too busy this time of year to consider a small package (that's what OG told me :biglaugha: )

It is very likely that you have a better chance of not getting hit with a customs charge at this time of the year. I worked several years for Royal Mail International and you would be surprised at just how much stuff is posted and received at this time of the year. Obviously if customs missed any duty on my parcels I would phone them to let them know and offer payment ;) I have just been looking at the powersportplus.com site it is cheaper to buy there, pay the postage and the duty then buying here or in Europe. I think I will put a trial order in as see what happens.

it's no wonder the countrie is in the state ? :idea:

Check out www,scottish office. click single farm payments, and see where all the money is going,, £330million a year :madflame: I mean they get cheap deisel . low rates on buildings,, and every farmer in this country,[ & E,,U,] gets a cheque every year of £80,000- £ 200,000 for fuck all,,,, poor farmers, :eusa_snooty:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I came home from work this evening to a big box. Posted 9 days ago from Thailand at Surface Air Lift (SAL) rate which is cheaper than standard rate. And this during the Christmas period. I am well impressed. Better still it seemed to bypass any customs inspection. Very pleased with it. Needs a rub down and a coat of paint but NOS and not a hint of carbon anywhere.

exhaust.jpg