'78 Suzuki TS250C project

DirtyDT
This post is 3552 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Sounds on target. You got to get it to squires now after all the work.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have plug chopped a few time between 2 plugs. The plug always looks very good.

I was/am beginning to think this is a fuel flow issue rather than jets. When I brought the bike the carb was in a bit of bits. It is not the correct carb for the bike anyway but I think it is off a later ER. The carb had been stripped and rebuilt with new ER jets but I also think that the carb bowl is not off an ER either as the gasket didn't fit. I did have an inline filter on it which may also have sucked up grot from the old orange tank and the fuel line it came with was very thin and may have been collapsing.

So far I have moved the jet needle circlip 1 notch to make the fueling richer. Cleaned and adjusted the plug gap (there was a fair bit too large a gap). I popped into my local Yami dealer and brought some proper 6mm fuel line and a couple of different new inline filters. All fitted and done. I also adjuster the pilot screw.

After ticking over on it's stand it will now rev into the red. I haven't tried it on a road test yet. I will road test it tomorrow when I get some fuel for the journey. I also need to get some 2 stroke oil because I forgot that on my trip to Halfords today.

I also need to get some 2 stroke oil because I forgot that

Ask jason about 2010, :babyha: you"l be in fine company on ride up,

Glad the Ts is running fine, i"v got loads of tools with me for fine tuning,,,,and oil, :eusa_snooty:

Ask jason about 2010, :babyha: you"l be in fine company on ride up,

Glad the Ts is running fine, i"v got loads of tools with me for fine tuning,,,,and oil, :eusa_snooty:

And in 2011 there was that much coming from the back of your 750 my coat was waterproofed for months....... :razz:

• 4 months later...

Its a lovely job,,but! That avon on the rear just looks wrong.

Where da knobbly

Yep still got it done about 5k now with no probs, I know rear tyre looks a bit naff but never goes in the muddy stuff.

Bought as basket case luckly mostly there.

Also did TS50 got some pics somewhere if anyones interested?

Wey hey " another TS owner,,, looks neatt,,, bar the red springs,,, :jossun: where did you get the chrome front fender,,,

I have original shox but never got round to refurbing them just wanted to ride it I will put it on the list.

it did have plastic fender but picked this one up at auto jumble still in brown paper played it coy and got it for £30.

current project is DT400 E just body work to do and trying to find chain guard.

You jammy sod £30, ebay sold 1 @ £200 latley, :eusa_snooty: ,, what about the ER50 ,, is that a 23" front wheel,,,

Also , the DTMx is getting hard to find parts, Ebay usa is the bomb,$$$

Can't rememebr what size the wheel was, when it was finished I sold it locally to a guy who had seen me riding it and offered silly money i couldn't turn down. Still that one bought me a laverda ghost? not sure if I should post a pic of that one you know some of these Yam guys get offended seeing an italian bike. :crazy:

• 1 month later...