'78 Suzuki TS250C project

DirtyDT
This post is 3551 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

GT380 was the only bike that playedup dropeed onto 2 cylinders and spark plug would not budge, he rode it home like it . It used a whole tank of fuel in 65 miles :(

Bl00dy Suzuki's ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeh brill pictures,, strange tho " the sky is a blue colour, and tarmac dry, is ther summat wrong with the pictures,:D is that common down ther,,,, our skys are permenantly grey, and bikes are on full wets,dry.gifdry.gif ..

Gotta love the TS 250[savage] ,, and the gt380 that thot is was a twin,,,:) ,,, triples sound the Biz ,,,:rolleyes:

...............Gotta love the TS 250[savage]................

Errr and mine Blackhat ;) The guy I got mine from had an ER as well but I think they were not as pretty.

More stuff arrived and ordered. The swingarm stuff is on it's way, according to the shop. I ordered some stuff from Crooks to see what happens, haven't heard anything from them yet.

This came today. NOS, Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

speedo.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

All the swingarm parts arrived a while ago, so happy with that - apart from the cost <_<

I have had to chase the order from Crooks and this arrived today, took about 3 weeks and cost 30% more than quoted on their site. I could have declined the order but wanted to see what kind of service they gave. I think that Robinsons Foundry are my first choice of suppliers at the moment but there are a couple of things that appear to be stocked by CMSNL so will need to delve into them soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Split the engine today. Rain has stopped play for a while.

Bit of a pain, one bearing is blind and I don't have a puller for it ^_^ Also I may look to replace a couple of gears as they see to come up on evilbay quite often.

es8.jpg

Just doing a bit of tidying on the cases today. There were a couple of bolts that had sheared so these have been drilled and soaked in plusgas all week. Using a very cheap set of stud extractors (the left handed thread type) one has come out clean and the other needs a little more drill but is usable. Still having a problem with one cylinder stud and am going to heat and get this out this weekend (hopefully). I did get a different kind of stud extractor as per but it still will not budge. I did intend to go to get a heat gun this morning but the internet started playing up yesterday and I have spent an hour, in 2 sessions, to Virgin this morning.

I have put an order in to Robinsons Foundry for some lock washers, nuts and bits for the engine - still came to £80 :o . Saw a set of crank bearings and seals on ebay. They said that they only use quality parts but I messaged the bloke to see what brands they were. Koyo bearings and Nikone seals. Happy with that so under £30 for those, Suzuki wanted £72 so that is OK. Still have 4 bearings to get but I will order them all together when I manage to get the blind bearing out that is still in the case.

My thoughts turned to painting the engine so I have been perusing the interweb for some PJ1 satin. Have you seen the price of it on evilbay? About £17 a tin including postage. I have ordered 2 cans from a different web site. 2 Tins and postage came to £18.90. Let see if they turn up!!

That is about it for now.

Sounds like you have purchased something Blackhat!! Come on, spill the beans. I won't tell anyone.

They do;

PJ1 16 SAT High Temperature Satin Black Paint £7.95

PJ1 16 ENG High Temperature Gloss Black Paint £7.95

PJ1 16 HIT High Temperature Flat Black Exhaust Paint £8.95

Sorry to hijack Dirty"s thread,,, will tell all when i have piccy"s,, been in shed all day,, The H2 lives " :spin2: . Did bearings on both shafts, [ drive & output,] And right hand crank seal, all casing seals, , its a simple engine to work on, just turn upside-down , & off with the bottom half casing,,,

Havn"t ridden down road yet, as its rained here since Fri, she selects gears tho,,,, & Dirty, gloss black it is,, :eusa_shhh:

Sorry to hijack Dirty"s thread,,, will tell all when i have piccy"s,, been in shed all day,, The H2 lives " :spin2: . Did bearings on both shafts, [ drive & output,] And right hand crank seal, all casing seals, , its a simple engine to work on, just turn upside-down , & off with the bottom half casing,,,

Havn"t ridden down road yet, as its rained here since Fri, she selects gears tho,,,,

Great stuff Blackhat

& Dirty, gloss black it is,, :eusa_shhh:

Is it a 2 stroke stealth fighter?

Z 900 - Absolute classic, rubbery frame, non existent brakes and about 2 tons in weight.

Very very nice. I had a chopped Z 1000 a while ago.

My next purchase is a shed.

Mmmmmmmm more civilized "

Ere yar Blackie, came across this on a septic site, fetched $2000, and still needed a bit of work, theres also an h2 cafe racer fetched $7500 on there too

http://www.bradsbikes.com/site/Price_Guide/

900z1.jpg

Got a card from the postman saying I have to collect a packet from the post office. Crank bearings and seals, I think. Also got a small jiffy from Robinsons which contains lots of bits - It doesn't look like 80 quids worth but is all there. Got an email about the PJ1 paint saying they were out of stock, Barstewards!!!

I have decided that I am going to strip the later engine I have and use the best bits from both.

Nothing doing this weekend and my shed has really, really now seen better days, the roof is leaking and it is just too small. And although I have said it on the forum many times before, I will get a new shed in the next few weeks. Going for a 7" X 10" I think as this will fit on my shed footings. The one I have now id 8" X 6" and is really a little potting shed.

Tell ya, get one of those plastic greenhouses from Argos, a stripped down DT goes into one nicely, Weimi I think it was got one the other day and the 4ft deep one is now half price at 27 quid, plus doubles up nicely as a spray booth. Just a 'taut :eusa_think:

I think the spraying thing is a great idea. I did look at them when they were mentioned and have a small one already (oooh er). With no garage the TS will have to live in it when finished and then I will still need space for the next project. I hope "she" isn't reading this, I haven't mentioned it yet ;)

I think the spraying thing is a great idea. I did look at them when they were mentioned and have a small one already (oooh er). With no garage the TS will have to live in it when finished and then I will still need space for the next project. I hope "she" isn't reading this, I haven't mentioned it yet ;)

How long you been married? with every bike purchase, over say 40 quid, should also be a box of ferrero rochet, for those that should be obeyed, if they turn the peace offering down mind, and give you a dose of deaf and dumb sandwiches, go into your den, and scoff the lot, but as loudly as you can, its a win win situation, :hah::eusa_snooty::eusa_whistle:

I was married for a long time, happily divorced now. But loved up with my "other half" for 4 years Nev. She is not really into bikes but supports my, sometimes stupid, ideas.

I do disagree with the present/bribe method.........................Thought I would buy her a gift but when I got it home it didn't go down well....................................What's wrong with a bucket and mop anyhow??