to buy or not to buy???

Paulwhite
This post is 4870 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all im in need of some advice!

iv been offered a honda vfr 750 1991 in white for £350

the problems:-

its done just over 50k

all the fairing needs new clips to attach it to the bike as there all snapped

its got an underlining starting problem .....works then decides it dont want to work then works again.

the rear tire has a slow puncture.

im wanting to get it, spend 100 quid getting the fairing sorted and painted, then sell it on

but for a total of £450 is it gonna be worth it?

and how much would i be looking to sell it on for?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Depends if you want to keep it, look around and see what the VFRs' in good condition are going for, also take into account the working hours you are willing to put into it and cost of miscellanious parts such as tyres, and any other underlying problems (rattles, oil leaks/burning e.t.c)

So buy it for £350, spend £100 and then sell for £450. So a not for profit project?

Someone where I work has one of about the same age. They are fabulous bikes and will, normally, only be beaten by age. A very good, versatile bike. I don't think you could spend as little as £100 unless you bodge the tyre and that would not be good. I would say buy it and spend if you want to keep it or leave it and find someone who would like to buy it and keep it to get them mobile again or a project. Try and keep it away from the breakers, it would be such a shame :(

well its not going to the breakers i can guaranty that! its just on offer ........if i had it for a project then id end up spending too much and probably end my relationship with the mother of my children <_< .......so was just thinking of sorting out the fairing and the starting problem then sell it on for a small profit. but 350 quid sounds a bit much considering you can get a decent nick one from e-bay for about £700

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online