250 LC Running Flat

mickb
This post is 4872 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All, I removed the motor from the bike to paint the frame etc and rebuilt the bike, i had the carbs bead blasted, cleaned them out and replaced the pilot jet and float needles. I also replaced the inlet balance rubbers.

On starting the bike it has developed a flat spot and only improves with the choke on, one side exhaust is running hot and the other a lot colder. i also replaced one exhaust for a better condition one.

Would replacing main slide needle and jet help and also reed valves? Or should i strip the carbs again and check for blockages?

The motor ran fine before which is also a bit confusing, any sugestions will be greatfully recieved.

Thanks,

Mick.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi All, I removed the motor from the bike to paint the frame etc and rebuilt the bike, i had the carbs bead blasted, cleaned them out and replaced the pilot jet and float needles. I also replaced the inlet balance rubbers.

On starting the bike it has developed a flat spot and only improves with the choke on, one side exhaust is running hot and the other a lot colder. i also replaced one exhaust for a better condition one.

Would replacing main slide needle and jet help and also reed valves? Or should i strip the carbs again and check for blockages?

The motor ran fine before which is also a bit confusing, any sugestions will be greatfully recieved.

Thanks,

Mick.

Mick,

if it was running fine before the carb strip down , theres your answer , i think they need rebalancing if you have not done that yet , have you put new cables or disturb them form the original routing

deffo carbs

Mick,

if it was running fine before the carb strip down , theres your answer , i think they need rebalancing if you have not done that yet , have you put new cables or disturb them form the original routing

deffo carbs

Hi Thanks guys, yes new cables fitted, I did balance and set up the new cables, I will strip the carbs down tonight.

Cheers,

Mick.

Hi Thanks guys, yes new cables fitted, I did balance and set up the new cables, I will strip the carbs down tonight.

Cheers,

Mick.

Carb stripped and found beed stuck in pilot jet, put back together, runs sweet as. Happy days.

Mick.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online