Tyres for classic bikes

Canny lad
This post is 4800 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guys when the time comes i am looking for a pair of tyres for my RS125 but something more modern than classic tread patterns... the one son at th eminute are Avon Supreme which maye or may not be original and i want something up to date..

Can you recommend a good tyre to use and the sizes are 275/18 front and 300/18 rear :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yeah just had a look as well... might be able to fit a slightly bigger tyre as long as it doesnt upset the speedo... the wheels are RD200 mags so will have to seek advice on a bigger tyre... :)

I reckon you could go 300 front 325 rear ya know, in the sevenbties the 250 came with 300 front and 350 rear we used to fit tt100,s/roadrunners 360 front 410 rear no problem

will that keep the calibration right on the speedo Merv?... if it does then i might go down that route and improve the handling abit.. also these would be tubed tyres i presume?

TBH the bigger tyres we used where low profile thinking about it now, so they retained the rolling radius but there cannot be much difference, and speedos are not really that accurate especially as they get older the small difference in circumference will not make much difference i reckon, the K82,s are tube type only a lot easier to fit than tubeless i know that from experience i use bridgstone BT45.s on the RD,s now real pigs to fit but they stil need the tubes, actually i have just fitted Metzler Lasertec,s to the TDR and am very impressed, I just need to see how they last now

yeah tubeless have a much stiffer sidewall i spose... ok well i will see whats about and might even fit them myself if i can find some tyre levers unless the local bike shop fits them for free... have priced up a few tyres on ebay as a comparison and they have a huge range in price i must say

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online