NO PRESSURE - REAR BRAKE DT125R

This post is 4746 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm renovating a DT125R and had to replace the rear wheel. Now I have done that I CANNOT GET ANY PRESSURE FROM THE REAR BRAKE AND THE BRAKE DOES NOT OPERATE.

The rear brake caliper is fixed to the wheel spindle, so when I removed the wheel I (probably incorrectly), I disconnected the rear brake cable from the caliper so that the caliper could be removed connected to the wheel spindle.

I have now read that I have made some errors in the way I removed the wheel and in particular the rear brake caliper. The rear brake cable that I disconnected from the caliper has obviously leaked some brake fluid whilst the wheel was replaced.

Now I have replaced the wheel/caliper and reconnected the rear brake cable to the caliper, the rear brake arm swings almost freely with no pressure and does not apply the brake. I have tried to bleed it to remove any air/ but because there is no pressure it does not seem to even pump the brake fluid out of the bleed nipple, although I can hear air being projected from the bleed nipple when i operate the foot lever/brake.

Can anyone help me as I am dying to ride it again but not without a rear brake.

One additional point - does anyone know why the caliper removal is not included in the instructions for removing the wheel or at all in the Haynes manual. The caliper doesn't even exist in the diagrams of the rear wheel/spindle etc and is not mentioned in removing or replacing the wheel - hence my error

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online