Yamaha sR125 1992 won't start!!

Denial
This post is 4875 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi.

I recently picked this bike up really cheap and for a week it has been beautiful!!

It passed its MOT with flying colours etc..

The day before yesterday the bike would not start so I went to work and when I returned it started fine. But I took it for a service.

I fully intend to learn the maintenance side but needed to get it sorted asap for work.. Big excuse there I know....

Anyway, the carb was cleaned, oil changed etc. Upshot is the bike ran perfectly.

Yesterday, it wouldn't start again. I took the battery out and fully charged it yesterday but nothing! :blink:

The starter is whirring but no kick in from the engine.. Has anyone any ideas? I really don't want to pay someone for fixing an easy problem..

Thanks guys

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi.

I recently picked this bike up really cheap and for a week it has been beautiful!!

It passed its MOT with flying colours etc..

The day before yesterday the bike would not start so I went to work and when I returned it started fine. But I took it for a service.

I fully intend to learn the maintenance side but needed to get it sorted asap for work.. Big excuse there I know....

Anyway, the carb was cleaned, oil changed etc. Upshot is the bike ran perfectly.

Yesterday, it wouldn't start again. I took the battery out and fully charged it yesterday but nothing! :blink:

The starter is whirring but no kick in from the engine.. Has anyone any ideas? I really don't want to pay someone for fixing an easy problem..

Thanks guys

hit the starter a tap with a hammer.if that works take the starter off,open it up and spray wd40 around while turning it to try and free it up

hit the starter a tap with a hammer.if that works take the starter off,open it up and spray wd40 around while turning it to try and free it up

Thanks very much, that did the trick!!

:lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online