Sanding mirror...

AdamFozz
This post is 4881 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

I lost balance on my xj6 the other day (whist standing still...doh!). its ok, the crash protectors saved the day but the mirror did get scratched a little.

Has anyone ever tried running a mirror down to try and remove the scratch. Its that textured matt black material.

Your thoughts would be excellent.

Adam_Fozz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

............Has anyone ever tried running a mirror down to try and remove the scratch. Its that textured matt black material...................

No but I have run a few pedestrians down!

It will not look right if it is textured and rubbed out. It will look like you had a scratch and rubbed it out. I would leave it and keep my eye out for a good secondhand one, or new one if you are minted.

You could rub both down and then paint with a matt black acrylic rattle can ;)

You could rub both down and then paint with a matt black acrylic rattle can ;)

Och aye. A good, budget, option there BWJ :lol:. Or scratch the other one to match.

The moths in my wallet wear sunglasses, not used to seeing daylight B)

you can get textured black paint in cans. Frost do them

The moths in my wallet wear sunglasses, not used to seeing daylight B)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bit like myself :blink:

Thanks for the replies. I didnt think there was much chance of it coming out half decent. That texture finish should be banned on all bikes and cars!

Might look at the Rizoma mirrors. I see there are some copies on the net from china. Theres a good chance that they come from the factory Rizoma use I reckon. £50 doesnt sound too bad.

Adam_Fozz

Hi All,

I lost balance on my xj6 the other day (whist standing still...doh!). its ok, the crash protectors saved the day but the mirror did get scratched a little.

Has anyone ever tried running a mirror down to try and remove the scratch. Its that textured matt black material.

Your thoughts would be excellent.

Adam_Fozz

You're not alone on that one.

I pulled into the drive last week on the dragstar, switched off, jumped off, walked towards the backdoor with the dragstar falling over behind me. :o

Forgot to put the sidestand down :blink:

Just caught it as it hit the deck, no damage or marks :)

Yea, bikes can be so fragile if you are a perfectionist and like to keep them looking nice!

I'm sure I'm not the first or will be the last person to drop a bike when standing still!

Adam_fozz

Yea, bikes can be so fragile if you are a perfectionist and like to keep them looking nice!

I'm sure I'm not the first or will be the last person to drop a bike when standing still!

Adam_fozz

New mirror from yamaha will cost you bout 50 quid, 14 quid labour on top of that. They isn't the cheapest of ones i can tell you. I lost one on my XJ6S due to being parked on thawing snow.... dont ask.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online