xvs bobber 125 update

Paulwhite
This post is 4807 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well its MOT time for the project got it booked in today at 9:45 :D but im not expecting it to pass...iv got it as good as i can for now but need to know if there is anything iv missed so its off to the mot station........managed to get insured quite easy ......£154 for the year, 6 years no claims, tpft, £100 excess and legal cover.. which isnt bad in my book! considering whats been done to it :P so yeah should be fun...... :unsure: .....wish me luck!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

lol it failed .....but only on 3 things ! :D just need to put a reflector on it, tighten up the bolts on the headlight, and make an engine mount. :D then its sorted!!!!!! yay! im quite surprised to be honest thought it would be allot worse than that! so yeah gonna get them sorted and get it on the road!!!!!! B)

well.........phoned up the insurance company on Saturday and got it insured, took it to mot and it failed <_< (the 3 things mentioned earlyer)........went home fixed it, took it back today and its passed! (yay)

so all i needed to do is tax it online then i can ride it to work tomoz and save myself some money on taxi fair :D ....went online.......put my details in ........and oh?? :blink: "Your vehicle is not insured" <_< .....checked my bank and they havent taken any money out (was meant to pay a deposit then pay in full at the end of the month)

so now im pissed off! cant ride my bike to work so iv got to fork out another £10 for taxi!!!! and put £10 on my phone so i can ring them to sort this mess out!!!

for f**k sake what the f**k are they f**kin playing at!! the f**kin stupid c**ts ............ :unsure: .......WAN**RS!!

rant over. :(

Thats a stinker alrite :angry: well done on passing. I like what you've done it.

boooooo.......i want to ride my baby.... :(

IMG0096A.jpg

Well done Paul 99.9% there, a great project and an interesting WIP (work in progress) B)

Well done Paul 99.9% there, a great project and an interesting WIP (work in progress) B)

cheers barky! i need to take some updated photos as iv got fenders on it and iv changed a few bits and bobs but now its on the road...(well nearly)...i can start striping it down for painting and finishing :D got to sort out the little details. ;)

really like all ur threads have been reading through them the last couple of days. the bike is ace by the way.

from the rad on the front im guessing u went with the 160cc oil cooled engine?

how are u finding the cone filter, thought u were having issues so had to fot a air box?

what paint did u use for the wheels?

did u manage to source some shorter shocks?

sorry about all the questions im on my first bike and learing as i go here.

thanks kris

i went with a honda cbr 125rr rs4 engine as its loads more reliable and parts are easy to find and at a reasonable price. plus it keeps the bike learner legal with the option to upgrade the cc if you wanted ;) as to the filter iv just stuck a pod filter on the carb for now.....the bike runs ok but you can tell its down on performance...just got to sort that out. as to paint its all carcare rattle can.

and iv ended up keeping the original shocks to keep the bike comfy plus it helps when it comes round to getting parts ....i know the chassis is xvs 125 and the engine is cbr 125 :D

its going to be striped down at some point and re-painted and finished but at least its road worthy

ha ha ha ha ha !!!! watch out people .........im on the road! :lol:

cool im impressed. u said u can get cc upgrade, can u get a big bore kit for the engine ye?

did u ride the bike with just the steel bars to c what it was like? im thinking of making some bars up to lower the bike and to see how harsh the ride is like (gona use rose joints either end so i can adjust the height)

are u running ur std front rim, been looking into getting a 21" front. im thinking if i do this i'll def have to lower the back?

cheers kris

yeah wemoto do a 150cc bore kit, but there is a 170cc and 190cc kit out there. the engine was originally designed as a 150cc and all they have done is put a 125 piston, barrel and a 2 valve head on there. so its rated to 26bhp but made learner legal on the top end.

im trying to locate a honda cbr 150cc 4 valve head which would bolt straight on but the only place i can get them is Thailand :(

because iv made the seat i decided to keep the original shocks, the roads round my way are shocking so its just not practical to have struts......i want to enjoy riding it and not be looking forward to getting off cause my back is in two.

but im sure with a well padded sprung seat you could use struts and not have any problems ;)

as to the rim its the original, iv kept everything original so if i come to sell it the next owner knows exactly whats what and dont have to hunt round for parts.

its up to you if you lower the back but best bet would be to put the rim on and have a look B) one problem might be if you change the rim you might have to hunt round for a brake disk to fit, unless you can use the original.

ha ha ha ha ha !!!! watch out people .........im on the road! :lol:

:eusa_clap: yer some kid Paul

:eusa_clap: yer some kid Paul

lol arnt we all? we never grow up ......we just get better toys!

nah im just glad to get it on the road :D its been a while since iv rode that bike ;)

interesting, so if u were to fit a big bore kit im guessing u'll hav to play around with jet sizes to get the fueling correct?

kris

yeah or just go to ooracing.com and buy a pre built carb suited to do the job.

but even with a 150cc bore kit and carb to suit the head is going to bottleneck the performance and let it down.

its better to have the 4 valve head, and properly set up carb. then the 2 valve head and 150cc kit.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online