XJ650 Turbo, any good?

wild foamy
This post is 4810 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey again peeps

Now the Jawa has gone im looking for a new toy... got my eye on a 650 Turbo but are they any good? any known faults or things to look out for?

Any advice appreciated... as always :)

- Foameh xX

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

like DDT says very much an 'enthusiasts bike', a good buy if you can get it for a good price, would make a great long term project and investment ;)

Fairs, cheers for the info lads, it will be a long term full strip and clean/restore kinda thing, i just like the look of it... and being able to say my bike has a turbo ;)

Insurance is £415 3rd party only though :(... watch this space because tomorrow (with a bit of luck) i may be on my way to pick it up :)

Well, good luck, and if ye get it-get yer pics oot B)

it is a (IMHO) a great looking bike

................. watch this space because tomorrow (with a bit of luck) i may be on my way to pick it up :)

I hope it stays dry for you. Just watch the brakes as it should go better than it stops. Makes for an interesting ride. Good luck.

don't lose interest with this bike will you Foams?

should be a good build and if you have a spare turbo, I'll take one for my xs :lol:

don't lose interest with this bike will you Foams?

should be a good build and if you have a spare turbo, I'll take one for my xs :lol:

Yes Foamy, finish this properly and you have a reasonably desirable, appreciating classic.

No chance of loosing interest with this one, it has a friggin turbo! Think how much street cred that will give me at the mcdonalds car park!

Well anyway I bought it for £232.50, waiting on a time and day to pick it up :)

............................. Think how much street cred that will give me at the mcdonalds car park!..................

Whens that, leaving work :lol:

No cred with the vegans of this world. Just watch out for dropped portions of chips. Should make for interesting handling if the turbo kicks in on a dropped portion :lol:

If you can do a good restore, it should be a very good classic to run.

Well done Foamster-are you going to do a (WIP)Work In Progress for us ?

Got it for a good price Foamy.

Dont leave us to long without a pic when ya picl her up

Oh, and I don't work at mcds', that's just where all the rudebois meet to race there 1 litre saxos up the dual carriageway

And rest assured the camera will be waiting when I pick it up, don't expect it to be pristine though its been laid up under tarp in a garden for 10 years... But only 18k on the clock!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online