Yamaha YBR 125 Top Box Fitting Problems!!!

Jams
This post is 4756 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Heyy peeps!!!

I got a topbox off ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOPBOX-REAR-TOP-LUGGAGE-BOX-37-LITRE-YAMAHA-YBR125-/320642431066?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4aa7c7385a . When it arrived i thought great i can store my helmet and jacket etc... this was stopped when i tried to fit it.

Im a competent person being a chippy but this has me puzzled.

Here are some pics of what the problem is...

2011-04-26190543.jpg

The bike in question ;)

2011-04-26190243.jpg

First pic of the base plater with fitting underneath infront

2011-04-26190437.jpg

2011-04-26190522.jpg

2011-04-26190527.jpg

Dont really know what im meant to be taking pics of but these are all the ones i could think would be helpful!

Thanks in advance guys!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Can you;

Cut the bar down?

Fit the bar lenghways (not widthways)?

Use a large washer?

You can get Stainless Steel flat metal strips off evilbay which you could cut and drill to size if none of the above work LINKY. Remember the rack is not designed to take a lot of weight.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-ROUND-U-BOLT-STAINLESS-STEEL-6MM-CHANDLRY-/360319985218?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_BoatEquipment_Accessories_SM&hash=item53e4bea642

the little plate that bridges the legs, place that in your woodworking vice with half its length sticking out, give it a tap with your lignum vitae mallet so you have a slight bend in its middle, pass the U-bolt (with the kinked plate, covered by a small section of tyre inner tube) up through chrome rack and through your top plate- screw nuts down (a drop of loctite threadlock) trim off threaded section with a dremmel, get the biggest cable ties you can find and use them also ;)

Should it be fixed with countersunk screws down from the top in the recesses of the plastic carrier?

Only if you want to fit the topbox onto the carrier :lol:

Only if you want to fit the topbox onto the carrier :lol:

Nope, The screws through the carrier (plastic) thence through the steel plate thingamy with innertube sandwich as a protection to the chrome ? :unsure:

I think the topbox clips on somehow??

The carrier (plate) is metal according to the Flea-bay description

I dont see why you are having any probs fitting it

Haaaa thanks for all the responses!! I went out and got some new strips of metal and drilled holes etc to requirement! Lucky my grandad used to be a metal worker lol!!!

Heres the pic...

2011-04-27192841.jpg

2011-04-27192859.jpg

I think it looks abit too big. I got the 37l cos i didnt really know how big it was gunna be but what you think???

Haaaa thanks for all the responses!! I went out and got some new strips of metal and drilled holes etc to requirement! Lucky my grandad used to be a metal worker lol!!!...............

I wish I had thought of that ;)

I think it looks abit too big. I got the 37l cos i didnt really know how big it was gunna be but what you think???

BIG It looks like Captain Kirk should be flying it instead of the Enterprise. Anyway it is not big, it is practical.

BIG It looks like Captain Kirk should be flying it instead of the Enterprise. Anyway it is not big, it is practical.

With my 'scale reduction glasses' on it doesn't look too bad

spock.jpg

:lol:

Be careful where you park it. You may come back to the bike to find a family have moved in to the topbox.

Lol! Yeah yeah piss off you lot haaa!

I rode it today with my lock and bag in and it seemed to be ok. Didnt seem to affect the handling too much if at all just take the corners steadily!

P.S.

Might start doing removals now if anyone needs one ;)

.................P.S.

Might start doing removals now if anyone needs one ;)

:lol:

I heard it is so big it has it's own postcode ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online