Hello from Cumbria

This post is 4899 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

my name is jon-paul and i have recently bought a 1996 Yamaha TTR 250 (purple wheel). I have been riding off-road since i was about 14 and had a few of moto-cross/field/trials bikes up until i was around 19 including DT 50 and 80, Suzuki RM 125, TY 175. now 33, I never passed my bike test when i should have done back in my younger days when it sounded like a wheelie and skid was enough to get your ticket! or so they tell me any way!

My main point of coming on here was to ask about tyres and the choices I have as far as getting a on-road/off-road compromise, 18 x 110 x 100 full nobble are on it now.

Thanks JP

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would be scared to ride that on the road with any kind of serious knobblie. If you are road riding (and can get the tyre sizes) I recommend Tourence EXP's. I can't say how good off road but great grip on the road.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online