1973 CT3

DEAD CT3
This post is 4897 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

NEED some help people and I am desperate.. Bought this CT3 about two or three years ago and road it for like a day before the throttle started sticking so bad.. It will hold open throttle sometimes and i am super confused on how to fix it. I took everything apart and looked it over for scuffs and marks that could affect the drop throttle and still it soon as the bike gets a liitle warm the throttle will stick very bad. I have had the bike for sometime and its just sitting in the garage because no one in my town will work on it. Please give any advice you my have THNAKs...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Maybe the throttle cable ???

indeed is it frayed anywhere?

or could it be the crankseals sucking air in and racing your motor, I suppose this could be mistaken for a throttle issue. Try spraying WD40 at the generator side seal when it is doing it...does it have an affect?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online