Go see this film!!!!

Ttaskmaster
This post is 4899 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Went to the cinema last night and saw the new 3-D film about the Isle of Man TT races... I'm not a fan of Sports bikes and racing, but this is definitely something WELL worth seeing!!

For those that don't know, the TT (Tourist Trophy) races take place on the Isle of Man every year. The big thrill is that this isn't a racing track - These guys are racing on normal public roads, through what are normally 30mph limit areas and around mountain roads at up to 200mph!!

There are several races of different classes held over a week or two and these guys are blasting past brick and stone walls, lamp posts, sheer drops and all sorts. Accidents can and do happen - In it's hundred year history over 230 riders have lost their lives to the races. It's widely regarded to be the most skilful and the most dangerous race in motorcycling.

The film is a very open and frank account of the TT in general and follows the riders, Guy Martin in particular, during the 2010 races last year. Every aspect is covered, from what these guys do in normal life (they are not 'professional' racers - they all have day jobs), what they and their familes think about the races, the expense, the risks and the costs, the history and everything.

There's some stunning footage of some famous incidents and the 3-D makes it all the more unbelievable. Seeing riders crest a small rise in the middle of a 30mph town at over 100, both wheels off the ground and go speeding by is simply stunning.

For those that don't know, last year Guy Martin crashed with a full fuel tank at around 170mph, resulting in a huge fireball and him sliding over a quarter of a mile down the road. Another rider lost it on a bend and slid off the road, only to tumble straight down a steep and almost sheer drop!! One more guy is banked over, cutting the apex of a corner at over 100mph when he clips the stone wall on the apex - Head-first!!

I was lucky enough to see the film with a former Manx resident and life-long fan of the TT. After all the times she's been there and seen everything, even she was awestruck!!

Go see this film!!!

As an aside - I won't go into too much technical detail but, for various reasons, the 3-D won't work for everyone.

I happen to love 3-D movies and am friends with some in the industry, so I have a deeper understanding and appreciation of it (I'm also very critical).

If you're unlucky enough to be outside the requirements to enjoy 3-D, just rent it from Blockbuster or something and watch it on the BIGGEST DAMN SCREEN YOU CAN FIND!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online