FZR 600 Help!

Ronny
This post is 4741 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey guys, new here! so hi :)

my friend has a fz6r genisus and is need of help and hes old so he doesnt have the net....

he has a G reg bike, and its in superb condition! but hes noticed a like 'tingy' rattle when its idle and he revs it, its not a massive or nosie nose, and he said it stops after about 2-3rpm (it may still be there when over that but he said he cant here it), its recently had the carb floats rebalanced and he doesnt think its a pistol cause it fires up and runs perfect, he doesnt think its a valuve cause its not the engine tapping or out, the noise is still there if its in gear and the clutch is in or out, so hes at a bit of a lose, hes pritty good with bikes, so any ideas on wat it could be would be a great help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You mean he had carbs ballanced and he doesnt think its the piston !!!

Cam chain tensioner mabey

Nobody will answer much unless ya introduce yourself,,,,,,,or,,,,,,,,,,introduce your old friend.

You mean he had carbs ballanced and he doesnt think its the piston !!!

Cam chain tensioner mabey

Nobody will answer much unless ya introduce yourself,,,,,,,or,,,,,,,,,,introduce your old friend.

ok ill go introduce my self in the correct forum :) and yeh i mean carbs balanced lol, i shouldnt of said he doesnt think its the pistons, i should of said he KNOWS ITS NOT :P

Is the noise coming from the engine? It could be something as simple as a key fob vibrating or something else non engine related that goes when the revs are higher. I would have a walk around the bike and press or push everything I could. Seat, fairing (this is a common one for giving vibration noises), clocks, linkages etc. to see if the noise goes or changes. I would do this before I looked at the engine. Something as simple a a loose locking nut on the carb side of the throttle cable can cause this type of noise.

my friends newphew has the bike for 6 month and he did one comute on it probs 30 miles and its been stuck in a garage for 6 month just stood still, when my friend had the bike before his newphew it didnt rattle or anything, its just last week had the carbs rebalanced, ill get him to try pressing stuff down to see if it stops, cheers

are you sure the carbs were ballenced properly somtimes when carbs are out of sinc it sounds like an engine rattle.after all it wasnt there b4 you had them done. :unsure:

im gonna go up to see him later and gonna do the hammer trick for him, where u press it again engine and see where rattle is, hes partly deaf so he cant really do it, ill try get him to take bike to shop where they were rebalanced and see what they say, pritty sure he said it was one of 'ian bell's work shops that done it

just phoned my mate and he said its done 150 mile in 2 mots, he said he took it to the garage to get it sorted cause it kept cutting out and they said it was the floats in the carb so they changed two of the carb floats and it still cut out, so he cleaned up the multi plugs and it works fine now, he said a garage near by said it was either the chain tentionor causing the rattle or the cam chain, hes looked through the manual and it says the cam chain can be changed without taking engine off? not sure how true this is like?

well been over my mates today and he flooded the engine so it took a while to get it going but now its going the rattle has gone o.O

hes gonna replace the tensionor to be safe like, but great new either way :D

No need to take engine out to get at cam chain.

If he's getting a new tensionor anyway, see if he can get a manual one instead of auto. There far more reliable and stronger.

Is he sure its not a simple rattle before he starts to work on cam chain or anything important like that !

• 3 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online