Jacket Press Stud Repair

Airhead
This post is 4762 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Yeah I know I'll make a topic about anything lol but just gotta share this one with you in case it happens to you too. Last week while putting on my bike jacket I found one of the press stude was not working and on inspection I could see that it had come apart in a place that it shouldnt have. So I wondered what to do yellow pages...google, and then it struck me ...EBAY ;)

Yeah with a bit of searching I found someone (a very nice chap called 'jerry baby' who sold special tools which comprised a special punch and an anvil and all manner of studs. After a chat with jerry on the phone he sold me the tools and a small selection of studs for the princely sum of £6.50

here's some pics

201_1943.jpg

201_1946.jpg

201_1947.jpg

201_1948.jpg

Yep...I'm well pleased with my new skill :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Learned how to do this almost by accident. Most leather wholesalers carry such tools and are pretty darn cheap, so I picked up some kit when I was buying a few other things for a project.

When I got my Frank Thomas Summer jacket, it had one of those collars that only works if you are leant over the tank, looking up. On a Cruiser, you're slightly slouched and the collar digs into your throat.

So, I cracks out me tools, add in a pair of press-studs and pin the collar down nicely.

The ability to do simple, small repairs is a great one and will save you much money. I think a simple press-stud is about £20 at the usual leather repair places!!

A good looking tool. The press stud (and zips) seem to be weak links in M/C clothing.

When I saw "stud repair" I thought that I don't know I was broken ;)

I now know where the Girls division sewing class is, so i put on my puppy dog eyes, act stoopid and the teachers will fix it for me ;)

OG, you stud muffin you!

Most leather wholesalers carry such tools and are pretty darn cheap, so I picked up some kit when I was buying a few other things for a project.

I dread to think :o

no, dont tell us :D

Never known the studs to go very often, but I have had to replace several zips on my m/c gear.

And who are you calling a good-looking tool? :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online