Passenger foot peg position

geoff3
This post is 4908 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

.................. My wife is 5' 3" and finds it impossible to ride as a passenger because her knees are so much higher than her hips.........................

Do you have a picture?

My wife is 5' 3" and finds it impossible to ride because her knees are so much higher than her hips.

:icon_redface1:

Some people just don't read what they write :lol:

PS have a try of an R6 she will never moan about the seat on the XV again, knees hips, ha more like knees are so much higher than your ears.

She must have bloody long shin bones... At 5' 11" even I can fit comfortably on a 535!!

Are you sure it's not a 125?

Well all I can say is that you must look really funny on the back at 5ft 11inch it's a x535 and the pegs are much higher than other cruisers

OK, several points...

1/. I know it's a 535. You said so already and we can also read your profile. As for looking silly - Not really. I have been pretty comfy all the way down from Reading to Cornwall and back, Scotland and back and many other places. It's all part of being a camera-wielding pillion.

2/. The main reason why there be no mention of this problem is that all Cruisers are like this. There are ways around it. More on that later.

3/. I have been uncharacteristically kind here, but I suggest (and indeed insist in a gentlemanly fashion) that you start off in the Intro section of the forum, else people will not respond too well to you and post things like the above Selleck Sandwich and other sarcastic things, rather than helpful advice. It's simple forum ettiquette - You introduce yourself and make friends first and THEN start asking advice.

4/. Footpeg extensions do already exist and are very good, especially on a 1600 Wildstar. There are several other solutions to your issue. Hop along to the Noob section, have a play there and then we'll talk more.

Ride safe.

I cannot understand most of the things in this thread.. :blink:

OK, several points...

1/. I know it's a 535. You said so already and we can also read your profile. As for looking silly - Not really. I have been pretty comfy all the way down from Reading to Cornwall and back, Scotland and back and many other places. It's all part of being a camera-wielding pillion.

2/. The main reason why there be no mention of this problem is that all Cruisers are like this. There are ways around it. More on that later.

3/. I have been uncharacteristically kind here, but I suggest (and indeed insist in a gentlemanly fashion) that you start off in the Intro section of the forum, else people will not respond too well to you and post things like the above Selleck Sandwich and other sarcastic things, rather than helpful advice. It's simple forum ettiquette - You introduce yourself and make friends first and THEN start asking advice.

4/. Footpeg extensions do already exist and are very good, especially on a 1600 Wildstar. There are several other solutions to your issue. Hop along to the Noob section, have a play there and then we'll talk more.

Ride safe.

Responses deleted by Admin?

Or just nothing to say? :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online