XS 500 HELP NEEDED

Moretto
This post is 4781 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Help guys!!

someone stole my oil level plug/stick!! (Don't know why, I haven't seen another XS 500 here in my life!)

I have ordered a new one from e-bay, but I want to ride my bike for this two-three weeks till it arrives.

So please, if someone has the same, can You measure it for me? So I can use any kind of stick.

http://img689.imageshack.us/i/plugc.jpg/

Thanks in advance!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

C'mon people, please! :unsure:

Don't tell me I'm the only one with an old XS 500! Do I have to trade it for a Vespa?? :blink::lol:

Done that ;)

even better, I found a suitable brass screw to fit the hole, but I would like to check the oil level from time to time! And I neeeeeed the stick lenght to do so!! No glass windows on XS 500, dude! :(

Thanks for reply, anyway!!

why didn't you contact the ebay seller to measure before sending?

The Classics forum isn't exactly heavily trafficked so to expect an answer in less than a day?? Not always, ha

Might help to re-post in the 'workshop'

Good thinking, but seller already mailed it. Got my answer on the Facebook by a guy in my country (surprisingly I found one).

Thank You, problem solved. and the new one should be here in a week or two.

All the best!