xs400 rd400 caliper help!

jmclaren
This post is 4918 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I bought a kz400 off of a guy and he had swapped out the front end and swingarm with what he said was an 79 rd400. I measured the forks and they were 33mm and rd forks are 34mm. With a little research I came across the yamaha 79 xs400 and it had 33mm forks. So I'm thinking this is what it is off of. Or was there an rd model that had 33mm forks. I need to order sprockets and brake kits. Does anyone know if there is any definite way I can tell. Are the callipers the same on both bikes? Are the rear sprockets the same? I've done tons of searches and came up with nothing and all pictures from each bike look like they share these parts. Even if someone could post a picture of the calipers or list any serial numbers that are on them that would be a great help. My front calliper has a 1L9 stamped on it, not sure if that means anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would go to the ebc website and down load their catalogue. It has nice pictures of the brake pads with i believe dimensions.

I would go to the ebc website and down load their catalogue. It has nice pictures of the brake pads with i believe dimensions.