META M357T

trumpetdude
This post is 4841 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey folks,

Sorry if it's not the correct forum bit it is 'non' bike specific.

I recently bought am XJ600n that's got a META M357T which is fully disconnected. The previous owner didn't even have the fob. Is it possible to refit the alarm by getting it reconnected and the fob replaced?

The bike has also datatagged. Do I need to resubscribe? New to all the bike security so any input greatly appreciated.

Cheers in adbance.

C.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You might find someone who will do it, but it is unlikely. Most alarm fitters will tell you they don't fit 'old' alarms of unknown history as they do not know if they will function correctly.

Off the top of my head you cannot refit it yourself because all of the wires will be unmarked (correct me if i am wrong but the 357t all of the wires are black), the original fitter has labels on all of the wires which are removed as he installs it (so that thiefs cannot defeat it quite as easily).

Google around there may be an answer somewhere, but Meta simply do not want a trade secret falling into thieves hands (pain in the arse for the rest of us) as it would destroy their business model and reputation.

GL

I would say that the reason it was disconnected was that it failed or was misunderstood. If you are after a budget alarm try HERE They seem to have a good reputation. If you want something more expensive have a look at Datatool.

Alarms can me a very emotive subject - a bit like Marmite.

I would say that the reason it was disconnected was that it failed or was misunderstood. If you are after a budget alarm try HERE They seem to have a good reputation. If you want something more expensive have a look at Datatool.

Alarms can me a very emotive subject - a bit like Marmite.

i had a cyclone V2, and they are okay, but far too easily defeated. The sounder is a separate part and one cut of some 24 gauge wires and it is silenced. The immobiliser part is better, but there is no way i was connecting that, i've heard of immobilisers cutting the engine whilst people were in lane 3 of a busy motorway or mid-turn.

Agree whole-heartedly on your last point.

With the cyclone you get what you pay for. I have a Datatool on the SV and it is fine. It does bleep when the winds are too strong but I can disable that on the key fob and still leave the alarm active and it self arms so when you are filling up it sets itself. Apart from that it is easy to live with.

I have heard story's about story's of immobilisers arming whilst moving but in many decades I can not honestly say that I, or anyone I know, have actually had that experience. Most (all?) now can't arm if the power is on so accidentally pushing the arm button on the fob will do nothing with the ignition on.

I have heard story's about story's of immobilisers arming whilst moving but in many decades I can not honestly say that I, or anyone I know, have actually had that experience. Most (all?) now can't arm if the power is on so accidentally pushing the arm button on the fob will do nothing with the ignition on.

a couple of years ago i posted on here a problem that i had where the engine would just cut out the bike would restart straight away the problem was intermittent,it was a frightening experience when in the outside lane in the motorway.

many folk on here suggested a carb problem pilot jet etc, two yamaha garages couldnt sort the problem out,sometimes it would not do it other times it would happen six or seven times,by this time i was ready to get rid of the bike,i had taken my bike in a little back street garage for an MOT and just happened to mention the cutting out the guy laughed and said i bet you have a datatool alarm/immobiliser fitted an hour later i rode out off the garage new mot datatool alarm disconnected and it never happened again till i bought a triumph and the bike had a datatool fitted the seller said ignore the alarm mate its been disconnected the bloody thing kept cutting out.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online