front fork rebuild

MarktheMuffin
This post is 4922 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am now stuck looking for new parts, i have my new stanchions and have removed one of the old ones but when looking at the mess that is left behind after the last person to do any work on the front forks leaves no doubt that they must have used the hole tube of tread locking compound putting the old stanchions in. What is left of the fine thread of my up-side down forks leaves me in no doubt to replace the bottom part of my forks that the stanchion gose in, now here is where i keep getting a blank, to me there wheel brackets that the spindal gose through holding the wheel in place but when i look online find nothing! so i must be wording it wrong, i know what i am looking for but nothing look anything like it. The bike is a 93/94 YZF 750 r. Any help would be great in what i am looking for

Thanks

Stay safe!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not sure I could actually read or understand your post. As a tip try using a word speller as it may help when searching for things.

Try for parts HERE

yes old u can get them like the pic from ebay but when u have to replace the tube due to wear and tear on the chrome it is sold sep from the other and yes u have to seperate them to replace i have the tube but cant find the other lol

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online