how to adjust the clutch

maff
This post is 4775 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

There should be 2 adjusters, one at the top of the cable and one at the bottom. Your user manual should explain how to adjust this. In simple terms the top of the cable, near the lever, does fine adjustments and the adjuster at the bottom of the cable, near the clutch, does larger adjustments.

Before you mess with it take some pictures so you can see what it was originally like in case you need to put it back to how it was.

Even before this make sure you are not confusing span with adjustment. The span is how far you have to stretch your fingers to get to the clutch lever to pull it in. If this is what you need, due to smallish hands or fingers or it is just plain uncomfortable, then you really need to look at adjustable levers. Before I post a link be aware that they are NOT cheap and most bikes do not have adjustable span levers as standard. An example of adjustable levers is HERE.

I think he is referring to the 'Reach' DDT, the R125 does not have adjustable reach levers. I would do some research for them maff

I guess so but I call it span. There is a link to adjustable's but he will "reach" when he sees the prices :D .

dam there expensive

i think ill try and adjust it myself and get the biting point closer to the grip rather than the biting point being over half way

thanks for the help now ill get onto to getting a manuel for it

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online