Buying Gear. Recommendations welcome

Bikerman86
This post is 4931 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all.

I am looking to buy gear at the moment.

Need some feedback from anyone who has ahd any experiences however insignificant they think they might be with regards to purchasing of motorcycling gear.

I went into a dealers yesterday and looked around at some gear. asked the guy there.

He recommended the RICHA Ballistic Set of leathers.

They look pretty good.

This is going to be my first set of gear as i,m starting out.

Can anybody recommend or give me examples of what they would go for and why.

I,m gonna go for leather for sure.

But just in regards to maybe having this gear or knowing someone who has this gear or similar.

Would really appreciate the feedback.

Thanks all :rolleyes:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Richa have a good reputation as far as I am concerned. I have been looking at their stuff recently.

Before you go for a brand think about other issues and get your mind set. Biking gear is not cheap.

Do you want protection built in?

Does it have to be waterproof?

Do they do my size? Lengths as well as around

It is all year , summer, winter?

Is it you only set?

Colour?

Style?

What about cordura (or other fabric) instead of leather?

Do you walk or shop when riding so will you be walking around town in your biking gear?

If you buy non waterproof can you afford to get a set of waterproofs?

Does it have a thermal that can be removed?

Personally I have gone through loads of brands in the last 35 or so years. Presently have 2 AGV lids, a Givi lid, a RST leather jacket, RST cordura trousers, Weise jacket, an Oxford jacket, Akito boots, Spada boots, Spada gloves, weise gloves plus a few more bits that I can't remember.

Personally I like Weise fabric stuff. Nothing I have ever had from them has ever leaked, top quality zips and stuff and most has, or can be fitted with, body armour. Some of the armour pockets are too small for Forcefield armour BTW as I have a box of Knox and Forcefield armour. I would keep away from Bikersgear (the Australian stuff that sells on evilbay).

My opinion for what its worth.

You pay your money........................ just be informed, otherwise it gets expensive.

Edit: Try and get the opportunity to try the stuff on, especially if you are buying online. Some of the sizing is very, very strange and the same size in different makes are really different sizes if you know what I mean.

as you can't be arsed to fill your locaition in,

im going to suggest you give raceleathers a go, because it's local to me..

loads of choice freindly people,

as you can't be arsed to fill your locaition in,

:lol::lol: Classis from someone who lives in Twatsville. :D

:lol::lol: Classis from someone who lives in Twatsville. :D

it's a very popular part of breightmet,:P i thought everyone new that....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online