Light bulbs

DirtyDT
This post is 4933 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My upstairs hall light blew a couple of bulbs recently, the fitting takes 3 bulbs. No problems I have a (growing) selection or sizes and fittings. Out comes the bulb and I was surprised. I did actually fit the light fitting but could not remember the type of bulb.

That is interesting I hear you say;

Is it a Bayonet fitting - no

Is it a small bayonet fitting - no

Is it a screw fitting - no

Is it a small screw fitting - no.

That is not to mention low energy, 40w, 60w, 100w variations.

It is a Phillips pl-c 13w/827/2p. That is a 13 watt, cool white, 2pin fluorescent disguised as a light bulb to you and me. Armed with this information I go off to B&Q and search their huge selection of bulbs. I can't find them, and trust me they have more selections than you can wave a stick at. The closest bulbs to the ones I am looking for are £6.68 each. £6.68 It would be cheaper to but a new fitting.

Have a look at THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

my youngest son 34yrs old decided at last to leave home before xmas and got himself a flat in manchester,great no more dads taxi/pillion.

i now have a new role,anything goes wrong its help dad, like you DT i thought what can be difficult in picking him up a couple of light bulbs ie halogen spotlight.

so off i go to B&Q TO FIND THE SELECTION FROM HELL.one week later not knowing what the hell his are screw in push in or some other type perm any 1 from 10, i did what any good father would do i rang him up and told him they were out of stock. :D

I think you are screwed with those fittings :lol:

get to Ikea mate

:lol: :lol: I can laugh now Drewps but was not a happy bunny having driven to the B&Q warehouse. I ordered 3 online today. £16 delivered.

my youngest son 34yrs old decided at last to leave home before xmas and got himself a flat in manchester,great no more dads taxi/pillion.

i now have a new role,anything goes wrong its help dad, like you DT i thought what can be difficult in picking him up a couple of light bulbs ie halogen spotlight.

so off i go to B&Q TO FIND THE SELECTION FROM HELL.one week later not knowing what the hell his are screw in push in or some other type perm any 1 from 10, i did what any good father would do i rang him up and told him they were out of stock. :D

I am luck, both my sons have newish houses. My number one son is a sparks anyway so maybe I should have asked him what to do ;).

DirtyDT top tip: Don't but a light fitting because you like it, but one because the bulbs are cheap and available, regardless of what the fitting looks like :huh:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online