hello geezers/geezerettes

This post is 4929 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Bernie is me. Hello all! Due to blah blah blah.. I find myself relegated to a '96 divvy 600s. 'WOW!' I hear you say. Surprised as I am as with it's happy going, neutrality of steering; I find the thing a bit, well 'all over the shop' when 'pressing on'. (6800 miles, serviced, sweet running, apart from the rattle) I understand that I really need something else, but recession says no. and I kinda like it too... Can anyone of you good people advise/recommend a suspension upgrade? Is it not worth it? maybe engine/carb tweaks are expensive/inneffectual? I don't mind a few quid on forks and Hagons/WP/Ohlinswhatever as long as I don't have to give Tony Scott,Stan or even Yamaha etc ££££.PP to get 7BHP. Seeing as crossplanes/Vmaxii are silly dough, I'd like to have bit of fun on this bugger first.

Hallo anyway, Bernie

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and welcome Bernie.

My advice? Sell the Divi, add the cash for the WP/Olins, add the cash for the front end change, add the cash for the engine tweek....................... and buy a different bike.

hey bernie :welcome: to the show

to feel the warm confusion, a space cadet glow....

Hi and welcome Bernie.

My advice? Sell the Divi, add the cash for the WP/Olins, add the cash for the front end change, add the cash for the engine tweek....................... and buy a different bike.

fair enough! :D was just wondering if anyone has played with/got decent results with a divvy. Hey ho, back to the classifieds....

Sorry for starting off with a question, bad form, I know!

Buy the Hagon springs for the front and change the oil (fork oil that is) to 15 weight :) , or you could sell the divvy (a very reliable engine,easy cheap parts etc etc) and spin that 'wheel of fortune' by buying another bike-that you might hate or have to spend money on anyway :unsure: (shrugs shoulders) only you will know what you want to do B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online