Hi to everyone

This post is 4795 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

New to this site. Just got most of a TZR 125 from my son for the large sum of £100. OK so it is currently in many bits in the back garden but the frame is reasonable and the engine fired up even though it had been sitting for a couple of years. Have lifted the head and freed off the piston rings. Just need some decent weather in sunny Scotland to try and tidy it up. Can't wait to get it together and give it a run. Have spent alot of time reading through the forums and alot has been said about the YPVS system fitted to these bikes, is there any great gain in altering this if the bike is just to be used for commuting?

Look forward to speaking to you all soon and when I get a chance will put up some pictures of bike and then keep you all posred about my progress or lack of it dependant on the weather.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi telstar ,[ 60s hit wasnt it] :rolleyes: , Wheres you from, ? And post up questions in workshop section, thats where the Anorack"s lurk.:D .

If its been sitting a few years, the crank seals may be hardened, this will effect runnig [ surging] ,,,

Hi telstar ,[ 60s hit wasnt it] :rolleyes: , Wheres you from, ? And post up questions in workshop section, thats where the Anorack"s lurk.:D .

If its been sitting a few years, the crank seals may be hardened, this will effect runnig [ surging] ,,,

OK will post some questions in workshop. handle comes from my old days on the cb in 70's. I live halfway between Aberdeen abd Dundee by the way

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online