Front Forks

MarktheMuffin
This post is 4939 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All

Have just got my bike back from its service YZF 750 r :) now ready for its long trip to the TT this year, (well so i thought) was told when i picked the bike up that i had a leak in my front fork, it can be fixed with new seals but as the chrome is pitted where the seals rub then these new ones wont last as long as they should, advice given was to replace the left fork, (theres nothing wrong with the right). Am i right in thinking that i need a left inner sleeve or is there some other tech name for it?......

Thanks for ur help

RIDE SAFE!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes the corect name would be stanchion, you may find a good set of forks on ebay but be careful my son got a set for his bandit once the ylooked immaculate just needed the seals replacing when he stripped them they where slightly bent which was the cause of the seals premature failure. another option would be too get Philpotts s

to rechrome the leg foryou it would depend on availabilty of new leg from yamha and price if the rechrome was worth doing

also i see Wemoto do a pattern stanchin for just a touch under £100

Merv

Hi Merv

Have looked at the Wemoto site again, will those stanchions go upside down dont know much about this side of bikes as i have never done suspention work on a bike till now so want to buy the right ones first time round or if anyone else that reads this has the info i need....

thanks

Check the wemoto picture it may not be the actual stanchion in the picture, if you are unsure about stripping them and rebuilding yourself Philpotts maybe the best bet

Merv

aha yes not the correct picture

10019247.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online