Front Forks for T80 Townmate

This post is 4634 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

The other week I had a pretty frustrating and unnecessary crash on my wee, glorious T80 Townmate. I've taken it into the garage (as it fell quite uncomfortably and clearly needed seeing to) and they have diagnosed "the whole front is completely bent". On further questioning I discovered that this means the front forks and the cantilever system are bent. The garage say they can't source any parts at all and generally don't seem to have the time for my beatiful machine. Having done a fair bit of a web-search I've found a set of front forks that are horribly expensive but oddly I can't even find a reference to the presence of a cantilever system on my model, which is a bit weird! Does anyone know a). where I might be able to find a pair of front forks for a reasonable price and b ). what they mean by a cantileaver system?

Any info and help would be very welcome!

Thank you in advance!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I am restoring an old and very ratty 1986 Townmate on a minimal budget. Unfortunately the front forks are bent, so I am looking for a set of straight, cheap front forks as well. Cosmetic condition is not that important but obviously they need to be mechanically sound. People seem to think I should scrap the bike because they say it is not possible to restore this bike at a reasonable cost. I would love to prove them wrong and am reluctant to give up on the old, once proud, old girl. I have a search saved on eBay but looks like that will be a long wait. Can anyone help me save this bike?

Thanks