XTZ 660 rear brake calipur

goldentrowel
This post is 4939 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Was the rear brake calipur on a -in my case- 96' XTZ660 Tenere in any way 'generic' at the time...as in was the same rear calipur used on other Yamaha models besides the Tenere. I ask because a list of alternative machines supporting the same spec calipur would be good to provide breakers with....as just one reply from an alleged 200 of them for a XTZ660 rear calipur isn't exactly what I would consider to be a successful result so far (and the one result I did receive later informed me that they'd already sold it!!)

I would greatly appreciate any input on this technical request folks, as m'dog is currently grounded as a result of a seriously mullered bleed nipple :(

The Archaeologist.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Was the rear brake calipur on a -in my case- 96' XTZ660 Tenere in any way 'generic' at the time...as in was the same rear calipur used on other Yamaha models besides the Tenere. I ask because a list of alternative machines supporting the same spec calipur would be good to provide breakers with....as just one reply from an alleged 200 of them for a XTZ660 rear calipur isn't exactly what I would consider to be a successful result so far (and the one result I did receive later informed me that they'd already sold it!!)

I would greatly appreciate any input on this technical request folks, as m'dog is currently grounded as a result of a seriously mullered bleed nipple :(

The Archaeologist.

Thanks for so many answers folks...was it a collective bad hair day for you, were you baffled by the word 'generic'...or were you amazingly perhaps abducted by Honda riding aliens at the time?

Thanks for so many answers folks...was it a collective bad hair day for you, were you baffled by the word 'generic'...or were you amazingly perhaps abducted by Honda riding aliens at the time?

Ha ha,,,,,,,,,i am a honda fan,,,,,,,,mabey im the only alien on this Yam site ! :lol:

Unfortunatualy, i have no clue what other callipers will fit your Tenere,,,,,,,

Whats up with the caliper you have ?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online