ybr 125 startup problems...

Mobsta17
This post is 4827 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone, i`m a bit of a novice when it comes to tinkering with my YBR..... i know the basics, but that's about it.

Lately i have been having problems getting my bike started up, i think it may be an electrical issue with the ignition? I will describe the problem and if anyone has any ideas on what to check i'd be very grateful.

Firstly, i must say that this problem started with my headlight flickering a lot when riding at night, cutting in and out.... not sure if this is a common problem? Then i noticed the bike Engine Management Light flashing when riding and the bike started to slow and pull up.... before cutting back in again and speeding up, with the light then going off.....

Last couple of days this has evolved to the bike not starting up, It turns over, normal ignition chugging sound, but will not kick in and start.... then the EML flashes. After a few hard, rapid twists on the throttle whilst pumping the ignition she finally kicks in and starts. This is intermittant with working normal and starting first time, to not starting at all. Very confusing..... i went out today, started fine, did not cut out during the ride. When i stopped off somewhere she would not start up again!!

Something tells me it's a loose connection or something similar.... the fact it is chugging on startup without firing says Spark plug? But that seems o.k (i've got another coming just in case)

Any ideas on what to check.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

thanks, i will check that...

i tend to ride in all weather conditions..... as i have used the bike to commute right through the winter. I wonder if it could be the rain or cold playing with the electrics?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online