I got a new one year contract.

DirtyDT
This post is 4948 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As a contractor I do have to think about where the next job is coming from. My present contract ends on 31st March and I have been in discussion about extending by contract but have been trying to hold out for more money. A bit stupid in these economic times, I know :blink:. For the last year or so I have been working for the NHS and we have all heard how badly they are going to be hit. That said I have spent the last year spending £21.6 million of theirs!. I am not getting anywhere fast looking for more cash and time is ticking so I have agreed a new one year contract beginning from 1st April. Pretty pleased but I do not have a clue what they want me to do yet. I only had a quick 15 minute discussion with them about projects in general. On top of that, after a meeting today, I was asked if I fancied a short contract to work on something else.

A very strange day but it funds ProjectTS. I suppose I will also be able to eat for the next year too :P

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well done mate, i was in the same predicament last year, its great when things do work out.

I have friends working for the NHS and the yearly contract thing is very common now!

Congrats Dirty ! A year contract is good.

I to am self-employed,, its hard to keep yourself in work

For a while there seems to be nothing happening

Then all at once your swamped with loads of offers.

Keep the wolf from the door,,,,,pay the bills,,,,food on the table,,,,roof over your head

OOOOOOOOOOOO and money ta burn a big hole in the atmosphere with fumes from the bikes exhaust :lol:

self employment has always frightened me to be honest,

my youngest is a brickie ,nearly finished his coarses ie collage and apprenticeship with a large firm,

they told him next year he will be hired on a self employed basis by them, and they will throw as much work as they can at him ,

well done dirty,and good luck to you both for the future..

Thanks guys. And additional bank holidays this year due to the wedding :D

Right, where is that annual leave form?

At least your gaurantee'd work now, well money at least.

The way our lot run we are on pretty much 30day notice, they want you gone its 30days unless they can catch you with something for 'gross misconduct' which seems to be just about anything they fancy and your gone.

It does seem to be the way work is at the moment. All very shaky. There is not a lot of difference between "employed" and "contract" at the moment. There used to be a big difference in money, but given that they have sacked half the working people in the country, there is very little difference in most instances. Oh well, I an counting down the years until I start to be able to claim my pensions.

That should mean 'top-notch' kebabs too DDT, do Marksies sell kebabs ? :unsure:

congratulations big yin ;)

I can't afford Marksies. We normally do Tesco as there is a big one in the next road. I am due a kebab but it is the other half's birthday today so having a curry for tonight. Fabulous onion breath for tomorrow :P .

Can you wish Mrs Dirty a happy birthday from me then B):huh: , :o

can you wish your better half a happy birthday from me then :blush:

I can't afford Marksies. We normally do Tesco as there is a big one in the next road. I am due a kebab but it is the other half's birthday today so having a curry for tonight. Fabulous onion breath for tomorrow :P .

Onion breath, with all that student totty round your gaf.

Mind you their students so it may be a bonus :lol:

I deliver to the uni every so often and it has to be the biggest collection of inteligent stupid people i have ever seen.

Can you wish Mrs Dirty a happy birthday from me then B):huh: , :o

can you wish your better half a happy birthday from me then :blush:

No "Mrs Dirty", it's "Miss Partner" but I think I understood ;)

Onion breath, with all that student totty round your gaf.

Mind you their students so it may be a bonus :lol:

I deliver to the uni every so often and it has to be the biggest collection of inteligent stupid people i have ever seen.

They are the future leaders of the Country so be very afraid! Some of them are very strange.

They do seem to spend all their time walking around town, queuing at fast food places or going into Weatherspoons.

As a contractor I do have to think about where the next job is coming from. My present contract ends on 31st March and I have been in discussion about extending by contract but have been trying to hold out for more money. A bit stupid in these economic times, I know :blink:. For the last year or so I have been working for the NHS and we have all heard how badly they are going to be hit. That said I have spent the last year spending £21.6 million of theirs!. I am not getting anywhere fast looking for more cash and time is ticking so I have agreed a new one year contract beginning from 1st April. Pretty pleased but I do not have a clue what they want me to do yet. I only had a quick 15 minute discussion with them about projects in general. On top of that, after a meeting today, I was asked if I fancied a short contract to work on something else.

A very strange day but it funds ProjectTS. I suppose I will also be able to eat for the next year too :P

Good luck with the job :)

£21.6 million? Thats £60,000 a day :blink:

Salary of 1% of the contract would have been nice, or were you on more? :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online