TZR50 cheap tuning

TZR_Mark
This post is 4314 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As everyone else has said - 50+ mph on a 'ped is not to be sniffed at, that's what I tweaked my lads TS50X up to using a 70cc big bore, carb & air filter mods and a hike in the gearing. BUT, even with the extra 20ccs it was still a peaky little f**ker, had to be kept above 7,000 rpm for any power at all and ran sweetly between 8,000 & 9,500, taught him how to use the gearbox to keep the mill on the boil, that's for sure.

If you try to get more out of it you will most likely end up with a powerband you can shave with plus an engine that's always going to be on the verge of grenading itself - leave it alone, get to 17 and get a 125.

Then pass your test and ascend to the giddy heights of 33bhp - woohoo!

(The lad? Went 50 - 125 - 250 - 400 and now rides a Bandit 600, thoroughly recommend a similar progression to any new riders)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

(The lad? Went 50 - 125 - 250 - 400 and now rides a Bandit 600, thoroughly recommend a similar progression to any new riders)

Me too,

50 - 100 - 125 - 175 - 350 - 600 - 250 as you may note from the numbers, i'm a 2 stroke man through and through and its acceleration and riding experience that floats my boat. I'd rather be on a bike at 8/10ths at 70mph than nobbing along at tick over braking the 150mph marker.

Like today went past a plod car doing a speed trap, flat out, 8500rpm, motor was screaming peeling into a set of bends. Was i botherd by the plod? nope. I was doing 65mph tops, was i having fun.

Oh you bet your breakfast i was....

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump an old post and mark will probably have a bigger bike now anyway but i do remmeber the days of haveing a 50cc at 16 and wanting to go faster without spending too much money and i totaly understood what he was going through well im 29 now and have just bought a TZR50 all standered at the minute with no mods at all and it does 45mph with me on it (17stone). I have just bought a Technigas exhaust, 90cc bore kit and carbon reed valves. Im currently looking for a Carb and airfilter to suit my setup.

Now i could go out tomorrow and but a 125 and ride it on my CBT, hell i could go and buy an R1 really and hope i didnt get cought on it but im happy playing with what i have and trying to get the most out of it at the moment and if i run it into the ground trying at least i will have had fun doing it.

Now at 17 i did ended up with a TZR125 and i got 101mph on a good day out of it on a straight and 107mph was the best i got down a steep hill in wales.

Personaly i think its better to get the most out of what you have got wile you have it and move on when your ready age be buggered

• 2 months later...

Names Mark new to this forum, so firstly i would like to say hello to you all smile.gif

I own a 2004 TZR50 about 50 on the flat depending on the wind direction, fastest is 64 down hill smile.gif

still takes forever to pick up off lights and often bogs down. ive turned up the air mixture screw abit which helps reduce bog but still isnt very responsive. i dont want to change sprockets as this would lose my top end slightly. i was wondering if anyone knew of any cheap ways to make me go faster. I was thinking new reeds and air filter changes...

thanks for reading (Y)

I own a Yamaha Tzr50 And All I've done is put a 88 jet in, a 17.5 carb and took the restrictions off. It goes 103 on flat and about 124 downhill... I'm saving for a racing exhaust and a 80cc engine... hoping to get it up to around 130 on flat :) Hope this helped.

Very Old thread, :D

Now, 124 mph from a 50???

Has it got an r1 engine in it??

Or is that in kph?? (Still very fast for 50cc's)

If not i would seriously look into getting a new speedo,,, clock,cable & drive :D

Or a video of this "50" doing 124 would be nice :D

Or a video of this "50" doing 124 would be nice :D

+1

If the 50 can do that then my 80 must need some work. :biglaugha: