hi all

Pabz88
This post is 4804 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all my names paolo but please call me pabz im 22, i passed my motorbike test last summer and bought my Yamaha xvs250 dragstar in august, i love my bike so much but have trouble finding parts that fit

this summer id very much like to start customizing it :) ive already put a blue led kit around the engine and in summer im gunna probally repsray the bike a candy purple marble effect with my dad.

id be intrested to here other peoples ideas on how i can customize my xvs 250 so please share :)

DSC00333.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Now THAT is an introduction!!!!!

Welcome to the forum, Pabz. Very welcome!!!

Hi and welcome Pbaz. With that many interests I am surprised that you have enough time to ride.

Welcome Pabz sounds like a very pimp job you're going to attempt on that :)

The Candy Paint Job isn't for the feint hearted mind ;) A friend of mine about

10 years ago had me help him do a Marble Candy paint job on a ZXR 750 and it was possibly the most gorgeous bike i'd

ever seen!! that crushed velvet/marble texture it has is phenomenal.

If you want any help or advice on it give me a shout!! Ps. I was considering this for my DTR , looks trick on anything :)

cheers guys, really glad i joined :)

i relised how long my intrest list was lol didnt relised it showed on posts so hopefully thts gone for ever.

ive got so many ideas darting around in my head for my bike but coz the 250 xvs is so rare, its hard to find parts tht fit, but really looking forward to doing tht spray job in summer :)

was thinking of extending the rake aswell.....hard bit is finding triple trees that fit

Just remember there will be someone somewhere who either makes custom bits or can get the bits for you from an importer!

I'm really quite keen to see how the paint job turns out, with the type of bike you have and the amount of shine it has on the engine, zorst and bars

you may get away with keeping that original-esque look with the shock of the paint job.

Keep us updated on this pal and best of luck again :)

paintjob will be summer time

i was thinking either one of these effects....i quite like the ice effect

Ice_Fx_custom_paint.jpg

Marble_Effect.jpg

what ever one i decide to go for, the color will be purple :)

Are you spraying it yourself mate or getting one of those companies to do it? If you're going to do it yourself get a tighter pattern by wrinkling the polythene as much as possible and when it's pulled off (before the purple candy is sprayed on top) pull off one corner at a time and pull it into the middle of whichever part has been sprayed, you'll get a nice marble effect that has a slight swirl B)

Also be sure that when you spray on your silver over the base coat that it's quite wet and not going to dry within 30 seconds!! (if you're using a booth).

Hope this helps!!

heres a rough idea wht im going for, but ill probally go for purple an not pink

DSC00333copy.jpg

I'm not a custom fan at all but thats not bad with the wacky paint.

If you junked the queen seat/rack combo and had the rear muddy hug the wheel tighter you'd have a winner there.

How about a chrome base with the purple doing the marbling on top. B)

Oh crikey i'm commenting on customs OMG nooooooooooooooooooooo :lol:

If you junked the queen seat/rack combo and had the rear muddy hug the wheel tighter you'd have a winner there.

i think your a closet custom freak :P u sound like u know wht ur doing and i relly like ur idea :)

Closet custom fan lol.

Love the idea with the chrome base that's something I'd love to see!!

Also Pabz, very nice photoshopping there, gives a much better picture of what you intend to do :thumb:

Closet custom fan lol.

Love the idea with the chrome base that's something I'd love to see!!

Also Pabz, very nice photoshopping there, gives a much better picture of what you intend to do :thumb:

do u think the paint job is over the top? obviously photoshop can only give ya an idea, but it will be purple so darker and not asmuch in ur face kinda thing

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online