hello from Queensland Australia

biker53
This post is 4955 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello to all on the forum! I ride a vstar 1100, 09 model. My chariot & I have covered some 35,000K from East to West and around Australia in the past 12 months. She is a lovely steed and we have met a lot of really wonderful people on our travels. Many who think that because I am female and travel mostly on my own, that I am very brave! Hate to disalusion them so these days just agree!

I joined this forum to ask questions of the technically minded and to enjoy what other riders have experienced.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello to all on the forum! I ride a vstar 1100, 09 model. My chariot & I have covered some 35,000K from East to West and around Australia in the past 12 months. She is a lovely steed and we have met a lot of really wonderful people on our travels. Many who think that because I am female and travel mostly on my own, that I am very brave! Hate to disalusion them so these days just agree!

I joined this forum to ask questions of the technically minded and to enjoy what other riders have experienced.

Hi There

I'm guessing the floods have abated!

I've been round northern europe, Down as far as Bologna Italy, mainly on my Triumph Daytona, but the XS650 has had several trips out to France Germany and The Netherlands. I spend two weeks out on the road going to Italy, not much really but you get a sense of being separate from the rest of society as they run around in there little tin boxes. France was good, I stayed away from the main routes and found some fantastic roads - wide, open no traffic, I went 20 miles and saw only 3 or 4 cars at one point. Italy was hell as it August and stinking hot, it was 42C one day, 29 at night. Despite what most people think about Italian drivers I found they looked out for bikes and took more care around them, I guess so many people have scooters there they are used to looking for them. I stupidly decided to make some time and headed for the autostarda, only to get stuck in 5 mile jam. A very heavily loaded bike in the sun, full leathers and trapped by queues of fume belching trucks was hell. I was cooked and muscles shaking as I fought my way through it all. When I stopped for fuel people were looking at me, with my helmet of my face was black across my eyes and the sweat was making all the dirt run. happy times!

Welcome to the forum.

A big country to tour. Us Europeans get the thrill of getting on a ferry for an hour to another country.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online