Yamaha DT125 Recommended Tyres

This post is 4820 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Evening folks!

As it currently stands, when I bought my bike about a month ago, (DT125R '03) The rear tyre the previous owner had put on was a budget jobbie to get it through an MOT by the look of things.

Over the weekend I nearly had a nasty accident as the rear tyre has very little grip. The road surface wasn't perfect but it was normal conditions, and the back end of the bike had a mind of its own. I'm a competent rider and I'm almost certain it's not my skill that was at fault, nor the suspension.

Anyway! What tyres would you gentlemen recommend? Most of the riding I do is general commuting at the moment, but I wouldn't mind taking the bike out for some offroad hooning, before I decide to SM it. Who knows, it may change my mind!

The tyres i was looking at getting are THESE

Any feedback or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Sam

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Them tyres will be crap for the tarmac but good for green laning B) is that info any good to ya for now till ya deceide to SM it

Them tyres will be crap for the tarmac but good for green laning B) is that info any good to ya for now till ya deceide to SM it

Yeah all input it welcome fella! I think for the type of riding I plan to do I should really be looking at something intermediate, but I dont really know what size tyre...

Intermediate is a good choice,,,,,i run on Trialwings

4.10 X 18 for the back

2.75 X 21 for the front.

I was looking at these chaps http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&biw=1276&bih=863&gbv=2&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=Continental+TKC80&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=

3.5 width, but I dont know how wide i can go? might have a look at 4.10, the more coverage the better! Cheers buddy, just the info I was after

I was looking at these chaps http://www.google.co...aqi=g1&aql=&oq=

I dont think you will get them in your sizes,,,,,,,,,let me have a wee look,,,,,,there was a post on here ages ago about this

If you were on the road a lot these Distanzia's might suit you,,,,,,,give them a ring for the crack !

Your front tyre on this chart is = 80/90/21

http://www.avon-tyres.co.uk/motorcycle/distanzia

Hi Sam,

I can highly recommend Heidenau K60 as an intermediate tyre. Great on the road and quite good off road.

Don't know what sizes for your bike but these guys may help. My link

Good luck,

Nick

Intermediate is a good choice,,,,,i run on Trialwings

4.10 X 18 for the back

2.75 X 21 for the front.

Me too, the trailwings have taken me all through the shitty weather we've had including the frost ice snow etc, but they are still grippy when it warms up like today.

I rode the ridgeway with my last set, even when i was really into off road trails a decade or more ago i still had the trail wings.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online