Another New Guy

drharley
This post is 4957 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,certainly not new to bikes, been riding since i was 15...that's a long time ago. But have been admiring the Japanese technology over tha past few years and am about ready to jump ship from the Harley world to the wonderful world of performance (extreme performance). I've been a drag race since 1961 and about as fast as I can make a Harley go is low 10s. Rode an R1 a buddy has and hit 130 so fast it scared me (the first time), awesome. Sportbike style is a little hard on my old wrists and shoulders but as my abs get better it gets better and better.

I'm going to hang around of this forum and see if I can pick up a thing or two to add to my knowledge bank.

Be nice to me, I'm an old guy.

Doc

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome Doc to the YOC B)

At a guess,,,,,,i'm half your age :P My Honda CBR was really sore on the wrists and i used to get heartburn from lying over on the tank on a long journey.

So for them reasons alone i would advise you to choose carefully what bike you go for. Sports bikes are definatly not comfortable bikes.

There are plenty of bikes out there that are Sight Up Straight positioning,,,,,,this will pay you dividents in the long run.

I have sold my CBR because it was getting old and a bit raggy round the edges,,,,,,,but the main reason was because of the sore wrists and heartburn.

I have now gone and got a Fazer 600,,,,, they have a great riding position,,,,,it whacks out more horses (95hp) than my CBR did. It has the same engine as the Thundercat/ R1

It is a far more managable bike than the CBR and many more sports bikes, yet it can keep pase with the best of them. It is a reall allrounder bike in my opinion.

Choose carefully before ya buy a sports bike,,,,,,,,good luck !

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online