xt600e

This post is 4954 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello to all,have just recently joined this site and have a problem on my bike,its a 95 import xt6ooe and the battery discharges itself over a day or two.it is a new battery of the correct type and when ignition is off the neutral light goes off and nothing works.i have checked the coils in the generator and they have a resistance of .3 ohm which is a little low but my meters lowest setting is 200 ohm so its close enough i hope.is there a possibility of the rectifier/regulator going to ground as that looks like the only component that is fed from the battery when ignition is off.thanks paul.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Is it charging ok , i had something like this with my TDR which runs the same reg rec i think, eventually the reg rec died completely, I replaced that and the battery never stayed up for more than a few days after that, i replaced the battery now as well and all is fine these replacements all look the same to me so i just got the best priced one, The owner of this ebay shop bought a bike off me last year and seems like a good guy and is the cheapest by far XT 600 reg rec

Is it charging ok , i had something like this with my TDR which runs the same reg rec i think, eventually the reg rec died completely, I replaced that and the battery never stayed up for more than a few days after that, i replaced the battery now as well and all is fine these replacements all look the same to me so i just got the best priced one, The owner of this ebay shop bought a bike off me last year and seems like a good guy and is the cheapest by far XT 600 reg rec

thanks mervin,with engine running at idle 16volts at battery which is too high in my opinion anyway battery is new.will look up that guy on ebay and get one i think.

thanks mervin,with engine running at idle 16volts at battery which is too high in my opinion anyway battery is new.will look up that guy on ebay and get one i think.

I am not sure how old the battery on the TDR was, it was on the bike when i bought it and i do not know if it was new but it had been on the bike 18 months with me and was only a cheapo, but it all came to head with the reg rec when i had been riding for over an hour and the battery was till flat

Merv

I am not sure how old the battery on the TDR was, it was on the bike when i bought it and i do not know if it was new but it had been on the bike 18 months with me and was only a cheapo, but it all came to head with the reg rec when i had been riding for over an hour and the battery was till flat

Merv

hi,got my new reg today.28 quid including post and packaging.arrived next day ,just changed it and will put battery on later when fully charged.on removal the bottom of regulator had break in theresin which encapsulates the components,dug it out a bit and all solder inside had melted,so looking promising .cheers paul.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online