Indicator Relay from Any Bike???

Twisted2004
This post is 7089 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a dt125lc, which is a 6v system.

The indicator relay is missing for some strange reason!

Do you think i'd be able to fit any 125 6v indicator relay??

also any ideas how much one would retail for? saw one for a vespa for £15!!! i mean £15!! :shock: :shock:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice one, just check mandp.co.uk and they have relays for £6.99 + Delivery!

Sweet. :D:D:D

Hopefully if i can get it ASAP i'll have my indicators working by the weekend!

I keep forgetting about MandP.co.uk but not any longer!

Thanks spirald.

If you dont get your indicators working, take them off. the law states if indicators are fitted they must work. so if they are not fitted they cant be faulty. just in case.......

Was jus looking on M&P at the relay i was gonna order, but i has jus occured to me that i may actually have the relay.

Does any body know if the relay is a silver'ish cylindrical unit with a 3 pronged connection??

(DT125 LC MK3)

The law states that if indicators are fitted they must be in fully working order. So yes it would pass an MOT, ive done it on my Z1100 where the electrics were fucked, at one point I had the brake light flashing with the rear right indicator but not the front. I really wanted the indicators on that bike as they were self cancelling (how cool!), but alas it was not meant to be, so I removed them and it passed an mot. It wasn't luck or a generous mot tester, its law:)

The relay is on many bikes a ally cylinder with two or three prongs. If you have a wiring diagram for your bike it would be easy to tell, and if not, might even be possible to modify. I would guess one of the prongs is for earth, but don't quote me on that, remember, I am not even an electrical novice, never mind expert.

Thats the electrics sorted then! LOL

Ive got the headlight and rear/brake light working. Maybe the relay for the indicators is dead , i'll have to investigate this weekend.

Do you know if a bike had to idle to pass an MOT?

Thanks

i was once informed a bike didnt even need a running engine to pass the mot, but i think i may have been wrongly informed tbh... not entirely sure weather it would need to idle but i would think it would need to, if anything turn the idle up alot so it idles high or jam the throttle so its quite a bit open...

Just spoke to the local authorise yamaha dealer/garage and they have told me:-

The bike does not have to idle to pass the MOT.

&

Does the bike have an indicator switch? if yes, then it needs indicators if not then the bike can pass without indicators.

thanks again

i wouldnt take my bike to a main dealer for any work whatsoever-everever.

If you have an old ticksheet all the tests are on there. You could run through them yourself.

If a friendly local mot shop says the same, i cant see why they would, my Z11 passed with switch and -4 indicators, then take the switch off.

filled the gap with epoxy and painted it black or something along those lines

where do you guys live, ive never heard of so much trouble with mot's, ill give you the address of my guy if hes not too far away from you.

where do you guys live, ive never heard of so much trouble with mot's, ill give you the address of my guy if hes not too far away from you.

he was just picking on things, since it took 3 attempts to get it past the damn mot the bike was missing loads of little things :S

Just had a chat with another MOT centre and they guy was saying..

"..only bikes pre 1986, or is it earliar than that? yeah even before that, are allowed not to have indicators."

I hate this :roll:

and like johnalpi said,

"i wouldnt take my bike to a main dealer for any work whatsoever-everever. "

I'd would never even think of having them do anything, but they seem like the most viable option to get the MOT done.

Yet i know they would be most likely be the pickiest!

Need to find a dodgy little back street MOT centre!

ARRRRRRRRRRHHH!

this is madness!

lets say I buy a 2004 R1 with the intention of building a special. In the plans for said special, the indicators would not feature. Would I then, after spending thousands, not be able to ride it on the road because the original bike was fitted with indicators? I don't believe you Mr MOT man.

I would mot the bike anywhere, just see what happens. If it fails on anything, it will be written on the "tick sheet" if it says something like:

Working Indicators (if fitted) ? Yes/No

and he fails the bike, even when they are not fitted, have it out with him. There is no way they can stop you customising your bike anyway you see fit.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online