aerox 100 throttle change

daniel m
This post is 4966 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi was just wondering if anyone out there know how to change a throttle on my Yamaha aerox ? i cant turn the screw at the bottom of the switch unit any reason y that might be don't know thanks for reading and please reply

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Nice introduction by the way.

Usually the reason that the screws do not turn is that they are corroded into the switch. The worst thing you can do is get the wrong size, cheap screwdriver onto it to try and remove it. I would suggest that you apply some plusgas and leave for a while. Then, using the correct size driver, of a good quality, try and remove the offending screw. If this fails then I would give the screw another squirt of plusgas and attempt to remove the screw with an impact driver. If that fails I would drill off the screw head and with the switch gear removed, apply even more plusgas using a set of mole grips on the remaining screw to twist it out. If this doesn't work then it may be a case of buying another switch.

you could try to cut a slot accross the screw and use the correct size flat/slot screwdriver carefully use a hacksaw for this ,don't be brutal.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online