Yam DT 50MX 1984

triggs
This post is 4969 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, my son has a DT 50 MX and the indicators just stopped working. I thought it might be the switch, however, when you turn them on the neutral switch dims as though the indicators are getting power. Could it be the flasher unit or does anyone have any other ideas. All the other lights work fine.

Thanks for reading.

Hope you can help.

Dave.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all, my son has a DT 50 MX and the indicators just stopped working. I thought it might be the switch, however, when you turn them on the neutral switch dims as though the indicators are getting power. Could it be the flasher unit or does anyone have any other ideas. All the other lights work fine.

Thanks for reading.

Hope you can help.

Dave.

If its the same for both sides it could be dirty switch contacts or bad ind unit or most likely TBH battery condition.

HTH

Thanks for reading.

Hope you can help.

Dave.

I know it sounds stupid but are all the wires connected properly.

I would imagine it is the flasher unit, i went through 4 on my derby send 50, not sure why it happened but i changed the flasher unit and they worked each time.

Im not saying it's that for definite but it's a good place to start.

Teach him to stick his arms out like we used too in the old days

that was my exact thoughts merv.

Thanks for the help, tried the arms, he's to lazy, kids these days. Got a new flasher relay, never worked, I will try charging the battery and checking the cells tomorrow. I think that will be ok as all the other lights work, will let you know how i get on.

Cheers

Dave.

Thanks for the help, tried the arms, he's to lazy, kids these days. Got a new flasher relay, never worked, I will try charging the battery and checking the cells tomorrow. I think that will be ok as all the other lights work, will let you know how i get on.

Cheers

Dave.

I dont think the headlight is from the battery but direct from the magneto and the tail light is not much load from the battery so its not surprising they work ok

I dont think the headlight is from the battery but direct from the magneto and the tail light is not much load from the battery so its not surprising they work ok

Wiring is the same as our DT's OG, you could damn near swap the looms straight over.

Thanks for all tour help. I changed the flasher unit and charged the battery all works fine now. Got a new battery on order as this one is not holding a charge for long.

Thanks again.

Dave.