dt 175 mod

yamahait
This post is 3107 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

to all those with dt 175s

been reading about american dt175,they had a rt 180,that came with a boost bottle,trawled through ebay usa,£17 later,one week,said boost bottle and manifold arrive,thought while carbs off i will fit hy tech reeds,another £17 later,couple of tags welded to frame,reeds,bottle fitted,KIN HELL,dont what made the difference as both were fitted at the same time,easy 2nd gear wheelies straight off the throttle,lifting wheel from 2nd to 3rd easily.recommend this mod if you are looking for a bit more poke,bike is running a fresco front pipe,s&m stinger on rear,hy tech reeds,boost bottle,160 main jet,ultra reliable and now just as much fun a my 125 re,might even put 125 up for sale and just use 175.quick pic of yz 250 rear arm in my 125DSC00023.jpgDSC00024.jpgDSC00025.jpgDSC00026.jpg

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Super mods Yamahait, Whats in the boost bottle , nitro :D .... you haven"t got a dt 175 cylnder head 4 stud do yeh, ? am gonna upgrade me DT125 , Mx has 6 stud, i have a barrel line up, 4 stud

the mx barrel portings are diffrent , , have seen another on ebay , for a 2A7 DT, bad piccy tho cant see ports etc,

Super mods Yamahait, Whats in the boost bottle , nitro :D .... you haven"t got a dt 175 cylnder head 4 stud do yeh, ? am gonna upgrade me DT125 , Mx has 6 stud, i have a barrel line up, 4 stud

the mx barrel portings are diffrent , , have seen another on ebay , for a 2A7 DT, bad piccy tho cant see ports etc,

no sorry mate,try ebay usa,either mx 175,or rt 180,the 180 uses 4 stud head.

cheers

mark.

Thats interesting, and a neat job too.

I toyed with this idea but didnt make the connection to another manifold that would fit. Keep your eye open for one for me plz B);)

Oh by the way that would be a SM silencer S&M is something quite different ;)

that would explain the strange looks in granbys when i asked what they did in the s&m range. :D

that would explain the strange looks in granbys when i asked what they did in the s&m range. :D

:lol: it would liven up a quiet moment. Mine has a SM tailpipe though the sticker is long gone, as a matter of fact I think you could get the with different badges at some stage. SM was Serval Marketing, just a name on a badge, as in made by someone else.

Back to the topic I can get a full set up imported for £34 inc postage sounds good to me...?

:lol: it would liven up a quiet moment. Mine has a SM tailpipe though the sticker is long gone, as a matter of fact I think you could get the with different badges at some stage. SM was Serval Marketing, just a name on a badge, as in made by someone else.

Back to the topic I can get a full set up imported for £34 inc postage sounds good to me...?

good price,i got mine at a steal looking at others,i would get reeds as well if you not already got them,tried mine with bottle blanked off,definately a difference,although still better with reeds than stock reeds,i think both bits compliment each other.

Yeah I have Boyesen reeds already fitted

I was wondering about the manifold bolt hole centres and the offset of the carb mounting, is it the same on that RT180 manifold ?

yes,just bolt straight on,

• 2 weeks later...

Oh no " :o you and Card board dave, will cane our basic Dt"s asses at squires. dry.gif

Speakin of " anybody seen or heard of :unsure: ,

• 5 months later...

Look what came today....

RT180Boostbottle.jpg

Hi there Oldgit.Did this mod make any significant change in performance? Does the air chamber need to be an exact size related to engine cc?

Sure hope this will give a "powerband" to my dt175. :lol:

Regards

So, what's the feeling in regards to these improving performance?

Gordo

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Looking at a rt180 reed block new boyesens and boost bottle and hose from usa. Will they fit my DT191mx? Regards Simon