power valve position

muppet
This post is 4978 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

need some help in setting this up please. I've read the pinned toppic at the top and haynes and the official yamaha service book but i cant find the info on what position it should sit at when i put the servo housing etc back on. You have the middle section that has the curved bit missing but im a bit lost as to how the power valve works to understand the postion it should be in. The servo is fine as its goes as per all the videos ive seen but its the poervalve that im not sure about.

cheers muppet

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I am not quite sure what you are asking but the pulley will only go on one way, provided you have the cables in the correct places then you need to adjust them with a drill bit in the hole and through the u shape in the pulley take the slack out of the cables, then remove drill bit and switch ignition on so valve goes through cleaning phase and check the valve returns to the correct position

THe Valve should be shut I:E making the exhaust port smaller, then as the throttle opens it opens to make the port bigger.

If this is not correct then the cables are on wrong

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online