Somerset Noob

ben40d
This post is 4844 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys,

As you've probably gathered by the username my name's Ben. I'm currently riding a YZF-750 R, which is this summer's project. Complete strip and rebuild to get the beauty back to her best. I'll post some pics of the bike in its current rough state when i get em off my phone and onto my computer for you guys to laugh at. After having a break from yammy's and riding a gsx-r for a while I couldn't believe how good the YZF 750 felt to ride compared to the big fat suzy. Especially because i didn't give a massive amount for the yammy (thank you eBay). Hope to speak to and get to know you guys soon, and any comments for what to look out for with the bike would be much appreciated

ben40d

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

35690_10150223228600593_724835592_12985469_2889701_n.jpg

That was how she looked when i bought her. The horrrible bit of white plastic that was covering a missing panel from a third party cowl cover has been replaced with a sheet of carbon kevlar. Other than that, with a minor service she took me 4000 miles to work in the summer as a commuter with no trouble (apart from running out of fuel in the M5 fast lane). With some TLC this bike could be a proper beauty.

Lemme know what you guys think

ben40d

Guest martinread

Hi Ben, welcome to the YOC, pretty bike should look nice when you have given it a bit of TLC, mine took me 4 months and just finished it.

Welcome to the 'ward' Ben :huh: , look forward to seeing more pics of your bike when she's done up :)

Jim

Thanks guys, just compiling my shopping list at the moment and deciding how through to make the project. Theres some fairing damage on the left so that'll be repaired so a change of colour might happen aswell! Looking forward to getting to work on it!

Have you got any pics of your bike finished Martin?

Thanks for the welcome Jim!

ben40d

Thanks for the welcome guys! I'm from Burnham on Sea, you can find it by following the convoy of caravans in the summer!

Hopefully it'll be looking at it's best soon, i used it all last year as a daily commuter and she never missed a beat so i'm happy with the mechanicals, but she needs a bit of cosmetic stuff doing to it because previous owners haven't been kind. She only has 12k on the clocks so theres plenty of life in her.

It should be a future classic, hard to believe it's age when u open it up and feel the power delivery and it's handling. She's left newer bikes eating dust haha!

Hi Ben, I'm just up the road, near Weston, if you ever need a hand or want a cuppa, drop me a PM.

Thanks very much Leatherat! I'm sure i'll have problems with the build at some point! haha

Thanks for the warm welcome all :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online