TW125 - Does anybody make an aftermarket exhaust ?

Kai
This post is 5347 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 1 year later...

yes there is AKRAPOVIC RACING SP SERIES (OPEN) EXHAUST SYSTEM

for the YAMAHA TW 125 (1999-2004) they do a complete system but its not road legal they also do a slip on the system costs about £461 and the slipon is £360

• 1 month later...
:( hey dude i own a tw too is there any way of gettin more power sick of it dyin in top gear

• 1 year later...

yes there is AKRAPOVIC RACING SP SERIES (OPEN) EXHAUST SYSTEM

for the YAMAHA TW 125 (1999-2004) they do a complete system but its not road legal they also do a slip on the system costs about £461 and the slipon is £360

There was a TW125 for sale on ebay last week with a aftermarket exhaust fitted,i emailed the seller asking if it made any difference in performance but she said she bought the bike with the exhaust fitted so she didn't know. :female:

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I know, this thread is very old, but I have a online shop for the TW125.

Are you still interessted in a aftermarket exhaust?

Adress: http://www.tw-parts.com

-> Translation by google: http://translate.google.com/translate?lang...ww.tw-parts.com

Bye, Sebastian

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I know, this thread is very old, but I have a online shop for the TW125.

Are you still interessted in a aftermarket exhaust?

Adress: http://www.tw-parts.com

-> Translation by google: http://translate.google.com/translate?lang...ww.tw-parts.com

Bye, Sebastian

I have found this site before but couldn't understand it,thanks for the translation,the aftermarket exhausts look cool i have to get my tw125 MOTed next week so i might replace the exhaust after that especially if it increases the top speed .... :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

I have found this site before but couldn't understand it,thanks for the translation,the aftermarket exhausts look cool i have to get my tw125 MOTed next week so i might replace the exhaust after that especially if it increases the top speed .... :rolleyes:

hi there just wondering if the exhaust made any difference?

Hi

i never ended up buying one :rolleyes: cost toooo much money £400 +

I make Yamaha Serow exhausts which will also fit on a TW, The exhausts consist of a stainless steel link pipe to the header pipe and a light weight alloy race can it all weighs in at 2 kilos lighter than the original and gives more torque and throttle responce. I only make them to order as I am retired, and don't want to make a Job out of it.

email me if you are interested - [email protected] and they are no where near as expensive as you would think

• 4 months later...

there is an aftermarcket exhaust but i a sure it is not road legel and most of the time afermarket exhauts cause the bike to t worse not better. Yamah spent alot of money and time in developing their bike and it is made to work with wot is on it. aftermarket stuff is not always right and can mess up its running and it will take alot of money and time to get it working right with the aftermarket exhaust.

• 1 month later...

newexhaust.jpg

there is an aftermarcket exhaust but i a sure it is not road legel and most of the time afermarket exhauts cause the bike to t worse not better. Yamah spent alot of money and time in developing their bike and it is made to work with wot is on it. aftermarket stuff is not always right and can mess up its running and it will take alot of money and time to get it working right with the aftermarket exhaust.

I have had Serows for several years, I currently race mine a 1995 4jg model in enduro's/hare and hounds I could not find a decent exhaust anywhere, because no one makes them anymore. so I invested in a pipe bender and set to work designing my own. it was far from easy but as the picture shows the final result is a cracking exhaust that gives the Serow a lot more torque and pulling power. I now make them to order and at a reasonable price. se the picture above.

No re-jetting is required for the serow, the engine breathes a lot easier now, the original exhausts restrict the exhaust gases badly to make them quiete but it does them no favours whatsoever.

I have has a third in class and regularly come in the top one third of a field of 200 bikes at hare and Hounds events showing up plenty of pukka enduro bikes with twice the horsepower. in fact I think my serow is the smallest HP bike in the Chiltern Hills enduro club five race calendar.

This year I am racing a highly modified lighter Serow, it's not road legal but it should raise a few eyebrows, I am hoping for a bit of silverware this year.

Nice or what ?, they also fit on the TW 125 and 200 as they share the same Serow exhaust pressing.

email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

I make Yamaha Serow exhausts which will also fit on a TW, The exhausts consist of a stainless steel link pipe to the header pipe and a light weight alloy race can it all weighs in at 2 kilos lighter than the original and gives more torque and throttle responce. I only make them to order as I am retired, and don't want to make a Job out of it.

email me if you are interested - [email protected] and they are no where near as expensive as you would think

I can vouch for this... I just bought one for my TW125, and I'm really pleased with the results... It wasn't expensive either!

Check it out:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1FFh4cHr6e0

I'd definitely recommend it. Thanks again, John.

Tom

• 1 month later...

I am now only makiing the link pipe, that's the S shaped pipe that runs from the header pipe to the exhaust can.

Some found the original can a little noisy for road use (it was for competition after all)

Many of the pit bike cans can be made to fitt on my pipe, they must be 35mm inside diameter.

I am now only makiing the link pipe, that's the S shaped pipe that runs from the header pipe to the exhaust can.

Some found the original can a little noisy for road use (it was for competition after all)

Many of the pit bike cans can be made to fitt on my pipe, they must be 35mm inside diameter.

I hope you do realize that the connector pipe of the xt225 is different from a TW. This is why the aftermarket slip ons for the xt/tt don't fit properly. The TW connector needs to jog right about an inch compared to the xt . It needs to shift right right after it attaches to the header in addition to all the regular xt bends, to clear the wider tire and set in the frame properly...the head pipe is close enough that an xt SS header would probably work on the TW...that rear section is quite different even though at first glance they look identical.

Another item that would be useful is a larger bore header, TW header pipes have been known to glow red.

Quite simply the pipes and exhausts have made so far have all fitted the TW without a problem, several happy customers can testify to the results of my work.

Check out the pics and video they don't lie neither do the testaments from buyers

As TW exhausts are like hens teeth to aquire and overpriced when available, my exhausts most certainly seem to make a sensible cheap replacement.

I am sure that if any sold to date had not fitted the purchasers would have told me a long time ago.

Although I do not provide a silencer anymore the silencer chosen was an oval shape to make sure it cleared the rear tyre.

50 years as an engineer are my qualifications, plus being a motorcyclist and Enduro rider using a very quick lightweight custom built Serow.

To turn out the S shaped double bend makes me £17.00 after materials and postage If I was not retired and didn't mind making the ocasional one there would be a few dissapointed trail wing owners searching for none exsistant exhausts.

I am quite content to make the exhausts for Serow only owners, but if a tw owner wants one I am prepered to offer my help. I can even tailor them for extra length and bend if required. (the little kink round the frame is not needed due to the side bend I incorporate during the bending process) this "kink" also is a cause of reducing gas flow and restrictive exhaust gasses.

I searched countrywide for a firm that could work with 25mm OD stainless steel pipe, and No one could do it as it's an odd size and requires thousands in tooling costs.

so my one man enterprise is probably a lifeline to many tw owners.

I hope you comments don't spoil it for would be purchasers as it would be their loss more than mine, I don't do it just for the money, it's just a helpfull pin money hobby to me, not a business.

littlejohn.

I hope you comments don't spoil it for would be purchasers as it would be their loss more than mine, I don't do it just for the money, it's just a helpfull pin money hobby to me, not a business.

littlejohn.

I'm not commenting to discourage anyone, I'm pointing out the differences. I'm sure for the price your efforts are much appreciated...But I'm pointing it out, because of these differences and the fact that the TW and XT were road bikes, the aftermarket performance pipemakers weren't quick to tool up for these (entry level) bikes, even though thousands and thousands were sold. I've seen some TTr slip ons being used on the TW and they don't fit right and they come close to interfering with the rear tire, they stick closer to the underside of the frame and don't stick out enough to fill out the area under the side cover....but, the ttr pipes still work for a performance gain even if they didn't fit quite right, although in my opinion, not $400 worth of performance for something ill fitting. I see from that other site up thread that there is a lot more TW pipe choice in europe and Japan than there is here in the States

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Is anybody selling a TW125 at the momment. I so want one so bad as I'm coming up to my 17 birthday.

Plus im sure you can get an Akropovic exhaust for them :) look it up on youtube (Y) :)

Any one looking for a replacement exhaust just need to do a search on ebay and change the search options to search worldwide not the UK .

There are plenty for sale outside of the uk (germany + france)and the postage isn't that expensive.