Bad News Guys

christofeser
This post is 4895 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

You may have noticed that I haven't posted in the last few weeks. Truth is, I've been on hospital.

Doing about 30-50 (cant quite remember) down a main road, when a car decided to pull out on me and give me flying lessons.

Got rushed off to emergency in an ambulance, broke both tibia and fibula, had to have an operation quick-sticks.

Going to be off the bike for a while now, luckily it was work's bike and not mine so don't have to get anythng fixed. If any1 on YOC works on anything to do with law (particularly compensation and insurance law) please contact me.

I wont be walking for several weeks now, and wont be on the bike for longer.

Please guys, ride safe, and hopefully you wont end up like me...

Chris

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bad luck mate. Hope you get better soon.

Bright side is your not fixing your bike too eh........

Chris

Sorry to hear that, what a bummer, SMIDSY yes, I hope you recover quickly

I belong too MAG and these guys Mulderiggs advertise on the MAG magazine every time it comes out, and they give £150 too NABD everytime they win a case apparently, I have had no cause to use them luckily

Merv

Guest martinread

Sorry to hear your injured Chris, hope you get better soon, not your fault if he ambushed you from a side street. luck with the law. :(

Awe shit news criss " hope it hasn"t dented your confidence , eat healthy, and keep weight of leg ,[ wen you get up and about wi crutches ] takes longer to heal.

Happend to me 1976, on my 3 month old DT175. same circumstances, Makes you warey of junctions, :unsure:..... , Run to brighton late summer maybe B)

Hey Chris

Glad you survived the crash. It's a bitch getting your leg broken, but thank God for the helmut, eh! It is easier to fix a broken leg or arm than it is to fix a broken mellon!

I'm not sure if you have private or govt insurance in the UK, but in BC the first million $ must be purchased from the Insurance Corp of BC which is a Crown corporation. Collision, theft and comprehensive can be bought from a private company. In the event of an accident both parties are dealing with ICBC and most people never feel like they have been treated properly. As a result a high proportion of MVA's end up with lawyers involved. Most lawyers take on ICBC on a contingency basis...usually 30% of the settlement...and as a result they are pretty aggressive. Get a lawyer who specializes in motor vehicle accidents and, in my opinion, those who work on a contingency fee basis seem to work the hardest and get the best settlements.

A friend of mine got T-boned going through an intersection on his Harley about 10 yrs ago. Destroyed his bike and broke up his right leg quite badly. About a month later the local newspaper had a picture of this die hard biker riding his bike with his leg in a cast and the crutches across the handle bars. Perhaps we'll see the same picture of you in a month! :D

Hope you mend quickly and are riding soon.

Rocky

ooo nasty m8 hope ur ok, just take it easy and dont eat too much ice creme lol

get well soon.

Bad luck there Chris. Hope all goes well.

Look on the bright side, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Just think how 'mean' you'll look limping up to your bike in the future - you could wear a fake eye patch too just for effect- like a desperado gunslinger

No seriously Chris glad your ok m8, like Blackie says eat the good stuff and stay away from the fast stuff, You'll have grown an extra pair of eyes in the time it takes for your bones to heal-that'll be two eyes at the front, two at the back and one on each side, and good luck with the claim :)

Jim

Jaysus Chris,, glad your ok,,,,,the heeling time will fly in,,,,dont start lurking arround the house,,,,,keep the spirits up

Get yourself another hobbie for a while or use the spare time to do the things that you always wanted-------within your limits of course !

The bright side = it could of been alot worse.

Aye jammer" we have our own Clint Eastwood " standing on the right [ Cbd] .. And criss you were meant to meet us that day" "Final Destination," the film, you changed the coarse of the world, and you would have missed that car :D = :unsure:

LondonAcecaffe004.jpg

cheers for all the messages guys.

I was on a pizza bike at the time. Indeed, it is my evening job, but for a job where I can ride a bike when I want on what days I want for a healthy hourly rate, whilst juggling my college - i don't mind feeling the the cretin of the roads... haha.

The good thing about that is that i AM insured through someone else's (my boss's) corporate policy so it wont affect my ncd, premiums, etc etc etc.

So i've got to get my claim together. Personal injury, inability to work, helmet, leathers (the paramedic had to cut them off at the roadside as i couldn't move my leg), travel expenses (i'm gonna have to use a taxi a few times...) etc etc. any1 think of anything else??

I think I was definitely wearing my Alpinestars when I crashed, with my Shoei helmet and my Sidi boots. Don't you? :P :P :P

haha

I will have to find a hobby, I suppose, maybe look for a project or something... considering my only love in the whole wide world is riding, i really don't know what im going to do... :/

Anyway cheers for the comments

Chris

shit happens Chris, sorry to hear that.

One question, did those Pizzas arrive on time? :blink:

messing with ya mate, no excuse not to do your dissertation now though!

if i have an accident ,iwould hope my insurance company would take care of everything.

so what help do you need exactly.:unsure: im a little confuzed with all this sorrymate malarky.

as it was way back when i last made a claim.

I might be wrong, but this might be one of those 'disputed' cases on who's fault it was, and if Chris will need to pay out for a new Bugatti Veyron door, wing, and offside front light :o

ps did you get your 9/16 combi spanner off Borash yet ? :lol:

Sorry to hear about your crash, dude. One of those times it's nice to have free medical care, that would have been a hella costly bill here in the old USA. Hope you get better quickly

Just curious, was it a man or woman that smacked ya?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online